Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

Yes, it is Tuesday, but since I work Tuesday through Thursday, today is "my" Monday. I have no desire to go to work today, but luckily, I only have 39 actual work days left until I am done commuting, scrambling, and sitting in traffic. My plan right now is to transition to "hospital volunteer status" upon my departure, and volunteer 6-8 hours per month here at the office I currently work at. I probably won't start that until the beginning of 2007, though.
The weekend went by much too fast, as usual. Steve is in the middle of Army annual training, so he wasn't around during the day. Luckily, he has transferred to a company close to home, so he can come home in the evenings. On Sunday, Camden spent the night with his grandparents, and we went out in Boise again. This time, we tried the new restaurant P.F. Chang's, downtown. The food was good, but by the time we got home, I wasn't feeling well, and by morning, Steve felt horrible. Lucky for me, I felt fine in the morning. Steve stated last night that he'll never eat there again. That's okay, we're not too big on chain-type restaurants anyway, and there is a multitude of fabulous restaurants in Boise that we have yet to try.
I had a little time before I picked Camden up yesterday morning, so I ran to Target to take care of some birthday shopping for him - - he'll be turning three in less than 2 weeks now. Camden and I went shopping last Friday for his cake pan (he chose a "Cars" cake pan from the new Disney Pixar movie, coming out on June 9th). He also had fun picking out plates, napkins, etc. (for those, he chose a "Hot Wheels" theme).
The picture in this post is from when Camden and I baked cookies over the weekend. Yes, he is in his undies. He got out our aprons, and then proceeded to take off his pants. I asked him why he was taking his pants off, and his reply was, "I just need to." I guess he doesn't like to be restricted in any way whilst cooking. I'm amazed at what a great attention span he has for cooking - - he'll stay from start to finish. I think he is mainly interested in sampling ingredients, if truth be told.
Steve's parents head back east tomorrow - - they've been here since late April. Steve's father will fly back to Idaho next week, and then his friend Bruce will join him a couple of days later. Sometime on or around June 21st, they'll depart from Seaside, Oregon on a cross-country bike ride, ending in Maine in late August. This is something Bruce and Dev have been dreaming about for years, and now that they have both retired, they can finally do it. You can visit Dev's blog at: http://goingtopott.blogspot.com and follow their journey.
Off to work!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Someday a nice young lady will love that Camden knows his way around the kitchen! You'll have to save this picture of him cooking in his undies, so cute!

Joy said...

Darling picture! Too many days lately have caught Paco in his underoos too! ha!

Sorry you had some bad food. Glad you got another date night in before Steve's parents left.

We're going to see Cars on Sat for Troy and Paco's b-days. Looks great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin