Wednesday, June 28, 2006

General Update...

Just thought I'd post an update on what is going on with us lately...

Steve is very busy with work, but enjoying his new job. His new responsibilities at the armory also keep him very busy...it seems as though he is working two full-time jobs now! I'm sure once the dust settles a little more, it won't seem so stressful for him (I hope). He's been getting out and running a lot, and is beginning to get in some mountain biking here and there, which is great. In his "spare" time, he's busy working on the house - - this past weekend he trimmed out the new kitchen window, and nearly completed the new siding on the kitchen. I'm sure Lew and Roberta are happy to see that, instead of the Lowe's wrap! I believe this coming weekend, he's planning to finish wiring the 3rd bedroom, insulate, hang sheetrock, etc. We have a new window for that room on order from Lowe's, so once that arrives I suppose he'll be hanging that, trimming it, and putting the siding up on THAT side of the house. After those major projects are done, we'll be hiring someone to tape and texture, and refinish the hardwood floors. A few other cosmetic fixes in the house, and, at long last, it will be done. I know this will be such a huge relief to Steve!

Camden continues to be obsessed with the movie, "Cars", and I believe he's talked his Dad into taking him to the movies to see it for a second time, this coming weekend. He has made some huge improvements in the "eating" department - - I'm afraid I created quite a picky eater. I think while Steve was away, I wasn't doing a lot of cooking, and got into the habit of fixing him what he wanted every night, so when Steve came back and I actually started cooking meals again, he would pitch a big fit every night, like we were attempting to poison him or something. I put my foot down last week (although my pediatrician told me to do this, long ago), and simply gave him what the rest of us were eating. I'm happy to report we are going into our second week of family bliss at the dinner table, with Camden trying all kinds of new foods, and rarely putting up any kind of fuss over it. Another huge improvement for Cam has been that he is now saying, "Excuse me, please" before interrupting, when Steve and I are talking. Mind you, he is still constantly interrupting, but at least he's found his manners! I'll take what I can get! I created a very simple "chore chart" for him this week, so we are going to start implementing that within the next few days. He's very much wanting to do everything by himself now, meaning, he does not want assistance at ALL. While I know this is a good thing, it makes me just a little sad to see him becoming more and more independent. Alas, that will only continue, and I know the best thing I can do for him is to encourage him!

We are currently "in the process" of purchasing our neighbor's home. The VA came out last week and appraised it, so now we are all waiting to see what they say. The Haneys' daughter arrives from Texas in a little less than two weeks to help them pack up, and it looks as though they will be leaving right around the end of July. We should know within the next two to three weeks when the closing will be. So much going on. It is causing me a small amount of stress, just thinking about cleaning out our house, moving, settling, and getting Camden ready for Griffin's arrival in less than 100 days, but I'm quite certain it will all work out just fine.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good. I do have to say, this pregnancy is so much harder on my body than when I was pregnant with Camden. I think the first pregnancy is what really aggrevated my back condition, so being pregnant this time has been especially hard. I don't like feeling so limited physically, and I really don't like not exercising, but all of that is temporary, and I'm hoping by the end of the year, I'll be back in fighting form. Griffin is a fiesty little guy, and by the looks of me, he's going to be a bruiser, just like his big brother. I'm getting really excited for our next ultrasound on July 10th, so we can get another look at him.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Heather ~ I'd love to see some pictures of the home improvements you have going on! It sounds like the Arnett family is very busy, a good kind of busy. Moving is always a bit stressful even if it is just to the house next door. Everything will be fine I'm sure. Take it easy and don't over do!

Joy said...

Wonderful update - explains a lot! ha!

Stay out of this heat and enjoy your time with Camden. Glad the eating business is going better. We haven't had that issue...yet.

What a relief to see the end in sight on home improvements!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin