Saturday, June 10, 2006

And so it continues...

Weird. Yesterday, Camden was totally fine. Played, talked non-stop, ran around, ate, drank, etc. He woke up this morning, and has pretty much been throwing up ever since. Unfortunately for me, Steve is in the middle of annual training, so he's gone all weekend. After a few initial moments of panic this morning, I decided to face my fear and get right in there with the puke. I feel like a new woman (okay, not really, but I'm making strides, people). I also smartened up and after Camden threw up on the sofa for the second time, I took all the cushions off and replaced them with his water-proof bed matress. Look at me, I'm an old pro!
I'm sorry I don't have something a little more pleasant to write about this weekend - - we'll see what tomorrow brings.

The camera-shy patient

4 comments:

Lisa said...

It's get easier I promise. Soon he'll be able to make it to the bathroom and the mess will be much easier to deal with!! Get out the Clorox wipes and open the windows you don't want what he has! When we were in high school did you ever think we'd be talking about this stuff?!

Heather said...

No kidding! I have the Lysol, the hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, etc., all lined up on the counter! Yuck!

kirsten said...

Heath, We've had the stomach bug twice in our family. The last one was similar to what you described...Tate threw up once and I chalked it up to food poisoning, the next day he was fine and playing and then the day after he was puking non-stop...it's like there's a 24 hour delay or something after they puke the first time. Anyway I hope he feels better soon! All 4 of us got sick the last time- so I hope you can stay away from it.

Joy said...

Ugh. So sorry. Not being a puke fan myself, I have no idea what to say. Sorry!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin