Monday, June 19, 2006

Camden is Three


It is really hard for me to believe that Camden turns three today-- these past three years have flown by, it seems. He came into the world at 7:45 a.m. on Thursday, June 19th, via emergency c-section, after 34 long hours of labor.

Camden has changed my life so profoundly, and I'm quite certain there is no way for me to even attempt to sound eloquent in explaining what I mean. My love for this boy is beyond explanation, so I don't think I will even try to put it to words.

Camden is a sweet, affectionate, and smart boy. He loves matchbox cars. He can identify most trucks and construction equipment without a second look. He likes fig newtons. Like his mother, nothing makes him happy quite like a trip to Starbucks (mom likes a cinnamon mocha, Camden likes chocolate milk). He has his father's beautiful blue eyes and long eyelashes. He loves Thomas the Tank Engine. He likes to dig in the dirt. He likes to be naked. He loves books, and would let you read to him all day. He loves his dog Riley (sorry, Sadie). He likes to ride on Daddy's shoulders. Camden is a joy to know and love, and he brings Steve and I more happiness than probably either of us ever thought possible. Happy Birthday, sweet boy. Mummy and Daddy love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet birthday wish for Camden. I can't believe he's three and about to become a big brother! I hope you all have fun celebrating today!

Joy said...

Happy Birthday, Camden!!! Wonderful birthday wish for your son, Heather.

Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday, Camden! You've brought a lot of joy to our family already in your three short years.

Love, Uncle Ken (in China) and Aunt Jean (in Maine)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Camden! What a sweet post about your special boy Heather. Birthdays seem to mean as much to us as moms as they do to our children, don't (maybe more) you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin