Sunday, June 18, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

It has been a little hectic around here the past few days, and I haven't made time to post. I was having some contractions during the middle to end of the week, and was supposed to be off my feet as much as possible, but that is pretty hard to do with a rambunctious toddler running around! I'm feeling better this weekend, after some rest, and doubling-up on my water consumption.

Steve finished Annual Training on Friday, so Camden and I are very happy to have him home this weekend - - it has been awhile! Steve's father arrived back in Idaho this past Wednesday, and his biking partner, Bruce, arrived yesterday. We will be heading down to Rex and Kasey's later this morning, to send them off on their cross-country bike trip.

Here is the cake I made for Camden's 3rd birthday, which we celebrated yesterday, so that Steve's dad wouldn't miss the celebration. It is "Lightening McQueen" from the new movie, Cars. I'm happy to report that Camden was pretty impressed. We didn't have cake and ice cream until 4:00 yesterday, so the poor kid spent the day asking over and over, "Can I have my cake now?" We also let him open his gifts yesterday. Tomorrow, on his actual birthday, he and I will do some special together - - maybe go to the zoo.

Here's Camden opening his Matchbox Car Cargo Airplane, from Nana and Papa. Please note that Riley never misses a gift-opening occasion. The poor dog loves presents. He is just holding onto the hope that one day, one of the presents will be for him. Whenever my parents come to visit, he knows that they usually bring a gift for him in their suitcase, so he will wait impatiently for them to hurry up and unpack, pacing frantically the entire time.

Camden is still sleeping as I type, but shortly we will head up to Rex and Kasey's house for breakfast with Dev and Bruce, and have a little send-off as they start their trip. I have additional photos that I want to post, but for some reason Blogger isn't letting me post any more than these two. I'll try again later.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Amazing job on the cake - sure puts my little football attempt to shame!

Can't believe he'll be 3 tomorrow - we have his present so maybe we can meet up sometime this week.

Glad you're feeling better now - how scary!!

Anonymous said...

What a great cake! You did such a good job. I hope you're resting, though. Please try to stay off your feet as the doctor suggested.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the cake Heather, you are as talented as Mom! Emily's cakes are always your Mom's creations as I have very little talent in that category. You look so great (hug your belly for me!) in the photo. I can't believe Camden is going to be 3, it goes so fast. Now that Steve is home, stay off your feet as much as possible and keep that water bottle close by! I know it's hard but it's what you need to do. Love and hugs to all!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin