Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mummy Loves Preschool, Too!

First and foremost, preschool is soooo good for Camden. He is such a social butterfly, and loves to go and see his friends. He goes Tuesday through Thursday, and on Thursday the class is rather small (most of the kids go 2 days per week), so they have Show & Tell. Each week, they bring an item to share that coincides with whatever letter they are learning that week. This week is the letter "P", so of course, Camden took a pirate ship. He was very excited about it, and I can't wait to hear how it went, when I pick him up this afternoon. The selfish side of me loves preschool even more, because it means a mental break for me. I love, love, LOVE my little break in the afternoon. After we drop Camden off at 12:30, Griffin and I come home and play for a bit, and by 1:00 he is down for a nap. I have to wake him in order to go and get Camden at 3:00. Mind you, Camden stopped napping somewhere around 28 months, so it has been a looooonnnnggggg time since I've had that little afternoon break that mothers love (and need) so much. I sure can pack a lot into those two hours, I tell you. I find that the first thing I do is wash dishes (while watching "Days of Our Lives", I'm not ashamed to admit). Then I move on to prepping dinner. I really love having a sit-down, family dinner when Steve comes home at night. I was just telling him last night that it is one of my most favorite times of the day. I'm finding that this bit of "free" time in the afternoon allows me to pull the house together in a fraction of the time that it use to take me in the evenings. For me, that is so much more relaxing.

I thought I had a viable video clip of Griffin walking, but when I uploaded it, it was far too dark. I will keep trying, so, stay tuned. He is walking like crazy and is so proud of himself.

I was just going through my Maine pictures, and I have quite a few that I didn't get a chance to post, so here they are:


Nana and her boys at the Children's Museum of Maine

Apparently, I "spoke" too soon. Blogger isn't allowing me to post any more photos, so that's all I have for today! I really don't know what is going on at Blogger, but many of the editing icons have vanished from the publishing page, and posting photos anymore is a total pain. I'm hoping that they will work out their glitches soon. Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin