Monday, November 19, 2007

A Little Blog Disclaimer

I've been doing some thinking about my blog - - I believe it has been brought on by a recent surge in readership. I think that is a result of a couple factors - - 1) that I'm actually posting regularly, and, 2) My blog is listed on the NaBloPoMo website, so I'm getting a lot of new readers. Anyway, I have really enjoyed writing regularly, even if on some days I didn't have a whole lot to say. I suspect I will be posting nearly every day, even after NaBloPoMo is over. I enjoy it, I look forward to it, and I'm hoping I am getting a little bit better at organizing my thoughts.

I've been thinking about what I want this blog to be. When I first started it, the purpose was to simply be able to keep my East coast family and friends up to date on what we were doing. I suppose that is still a large part of it. However I am in hopes that this is also evolving into a creative outlet for me - - where I can write about the things that interest me, and hear about what interests you. By my calculations (okay, Steve's calculations - - math makes me mental) only about 8% of the people who read this blog ever leave a comment. Then again, I rarely, if ever, respond to any one's comments! So, I'm working on changing that. I am hoping that this blog will become a little more interactive. I'm interested in what you have to say, so please say it. Just the same, if you are happier lurking (as I do on so many blogs out there), then please, keep right on lurking! I'm just glad that you are here.

Now, for what you won't find here. While this is largely a blog about my experiences as a mother and wife, you won't be finding me complaining about my husband, or what hard work it is to be a stay-at-home mom. Do I argue with my husband? Yes. Do I get overwhelmed? Do I get overtired? To I wring my hands at times, worrying that I'm not doing all that I can for my boys? Do my kids make me nutty sometimes? Do I get so consumed with caring for this houseful of boys that I sometimes neglect myself? Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. I get annoyed with day to day life, just like you do, but I really don't feel like blogging about that. Will I whine from time to time? Oh yes. But, if you are a regular reader, then you already know that!

So, thank you, Dear Readers. I appreciate your interest in what I have to say.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather:

I absolutely LOVE your blog. You write with such humor that its a great read, and pick me up!!

I look forward everyday to see what you've posted.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Margaret

Anonymous said...

Well said, Margaret. I agree 100%.

Love, Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you want to continue the more frequent postings. I look forward to reading it every day. You really have a talent for writing and I love hearing about you and your family. You're positive, funny, thoughtful and creative - what more could we want!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is the first place I go every morning, and before my first cup of coffee! When I read about your boys, it brings back so many memories of my three darlings when they were Camden and Griffin's ages. Since I am fast becoming an empty-nester this has been good therapy for me! So please keep on blogging.....you do a fantastic job! Happy Thanksgiving to all of your family!

Anonymous said...

Heather, you have such a natural talent for writing.....I have said many times, you should be paid for it.......keep up and great work and you just might.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I am becoming addicted to the peanut butter, especially the white chocolate! I will have to start buying it in cases......

Heather said...

I will definitely have to try the white chocolate now, Cheryl...

kirsten said...

Ditto on what everyone else has been saying! I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Margaret pointed me to your blog last Easter, when you posted the beautiful sugar eggs. I've been a faithful reader since then. :) You're very creative, and funny!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Melissa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin