Thursday, March 01, 2007

Virtual Tour

This is our old house, which is now our rental property. To the right, you can just barely see the side of the house we live in now. We have new tenants moving in today, so while I was cleaning the rental yesterday, I took some pictures of the inside. It was a great little house, but a bit too small for us, now. It was built around 1914, and is about 1,400 square feet. Steve has done a lot to it since purchasing it in 1999. I wish I'd taken some pictures of the "early years". The first year or so after we were married, the kitchen sink drained into a 5-gallon bucket that we had to empty in the back yard whenever it would get full. The bathroom had no sink, and no walls, and no door. At one point, I stapled old sheets around the framing (yes, that was also for a year or so). For quite some time, the kitchen had no floor, just boards laying across the joists, and we had to step over the holes. I could go on and on but I'll spare you the details. I can tell you that my parents came to visit us about 5 months after I moved to Idaho, and I think they nearly lost their minds when they saw our house!
This picture is taken from the dining area, looking toward the front door of the house. I included this one especially for my parents, who have been dying to see the hardwood floors, now that they have been refinished. The entire 5 years we lived in the house, the floors had no finish on them - - they looked like they were dirty all the time. Now, they are beautiful! Steve and his father did all the sanding and refinishing themselves. That's Griffin, waiting by the door! The doorway on the left was Camden's bedroom. There is another doorway directly across from that one, which was our bedroom.
This picture was taken from the front door, looking toward the kitchen. We had our table there in front of the french doors. Around the corner (by the stepladder) is the kitchen. The doorway on the left is the third bedroom/office. The doorway to the left of the french doors leads to the bathroom and laundry room. The kitchen. Yes, I purposely painted the cabinets green! A couple views of the bathroom. Boy do I miss that deep, antique claw foot bathtub.
Looking into the third bedroom/office. While we lived in the house, this room was never finished. In fact, it had no floor or ceiling, and was closed off from the rest of the house. I'm sure my folks remember the pink blanket that use to be stapled to the door frame. Inside the third bedroom/office. That's my handsome assistant, Camden McLean.Inside our old bedroom. The windows look out on the front yard and the side of the house.
A couple of views of Camden's old room. As you can see, it had tons of storage space - - I loved the closets in his room.
We're happy with our new tenants. They seem like a very nice family. We hope they last longer than our first tenants!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's the same house! It looks great. The living room floor is beautiful. I do wish you had "before" pictures because no one can really imagine what it was like. I remember putting my winter coat on to go into your kitchen because not only did it not have running water, but it didn't have heat either!

Joy said...

All I can say is, "WOW!" Amazing work!!!

kirsten said...

I love house tours! Looks beautiful-great job!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin