Monday, March 05, 2007

Edna, Step Away From the Scissors

Camden has been in dire need of a haircut for quite some time now. Usually, we go out to the base and visit the military barber, "Miss Helga". On a whim (from my experience, things done on a whim are never a good idea - - you would have thought that would have stopped me) I decided to take Camden to the local "fast food" hair joint in our town - - you know, "Quickie Cuts" or "Super Cuts" or whatever. When we got there, fool that I am, I decided to get my bangs trimmed. Bad idea. Bad, bad, bad. The woman who cut my hair looked to be about 75 (I'm not exaggerating), had a shaky scissor hand, and was sporting the most gawd-awful hair-do you've ever seen. Yet another bad sign. In my head I told myself, "It's just a trim of the bangs...no biggie!" Silly, silly me. Well, 15 minutes and $12.50 later, I looked like the little girl who found Mommy's scissors and decided to cut her own hair, the day before school pictures. Yes, it is that bad, and so much worse. I seriously have NO clue what this woman was thinking, if she even was thinking. When I went in, my bangs fell a little below the bridge of my nose. I told her I wanted just a "tad" trimmed off. Now, the are about an inch above my eyebrows. I look hideous. To add insult to injury, when I arrived home, my husband was unable to contain his laughter, not once, but multiple times, and even went so far as to agree that my hair looked, "really bad". Doesn't he know that the question, "Does my hair look bad?" falls into the same category as, "Does this dress make me look fat?" in that the response is always, "You look GREAT, honey!!"

P.S. Do not expect to see any pictures of me, posted on this blog, for a few weeks. I'll be in hiding, waiting for my hair to grow.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Would it make you feel better if I told you Roy couldn't contain his laughter, either, after I read him your blog???

So sorry - I DO expect to see you when my litte man arrives - bad hair cut to boot. Birth supperseades (sp?) chopped bangs.

Love ya, Heather!

kirsten said...

hi heath,
I feel your pain..been there! The worst was the horrible perm I got in the late 80's that made my hair fall out. AWFUL!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the time we had a neighbor hairdresser cut your bangs. Your bangs were cut practically to the roots. We took you to my class reunion, and a classmate's hairdresser husband trimmed all your hair so it looked more normal to have bangs scuzzed to the roots. I can imagine how you feel because I know how I felt having to look at you!

Lisa said...

I'm still laughing! I'm sorry. While I was in cosmetology school I let a classmate 'trim' my already short hair. When she was done my hair was no longer than 2 inches ALL OVER! Thank goodness it grows back! Take vitamins, maybe it'll grow faster!!

By the way, I love what your mom said about having to look at you! That made me laugh all the harder!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin