Friday, March 23, 2007

Hello. Welcome to my Handbag Addiction.

I think I have a problem that may be bigger than my shoe problem. It seems I may have a teensie-weensie addiction to handbags. I love them. I Cannot Help Myself. I love to look at them in stores. Sometimes, I like to look at them online. Yes, sometimes I even daydream about them. So sue me. It isn't my fault, really. I refuse to take responsibility for my actions. You see, it is much easier to just blame my darling father. Any of you who have shopped in his store know full well that the man simply cannot help himself - - even if you are there with the sole intention of purchasing sneakers - - he simply must say those words, "You really ought to have this handbag, too!" So, there you have it. It is all his fault. I'm glad I don't have to feel guilty, every time I open my closet door. What a load off my mind.
Here is the handbag I am currently in love with. Yes, it is gigantic. Yes, it is very, very blue. And yes, it has a big tassel thing hanging off the zipper. I don't care. I am madly in love with this handbag. I can't do small handbags. I like to carry too much stuff. Some of the items currently living in my handbag: wallet, checkbook, calculator, coupon organizer, lipstick, assorted pens, Swiss Army knife, emergency snacks for Camden, zip lock bag with emergency diaper and wipes for Griffin, gum, mints, face powder, business card organizer, cell phone....see? I need a lot of room. I like to be prepared. I fear this particular handbag may be just a tad large, after wiping out a small display of Rice-a-Roni at my local grocery store the other day, when I turned to put something in my cart. Oh well. At least I looked cute while the boxes fell to the floor.
This red bag is another favorite. I love red. So what could be better than a red handbag? Not much, I tell you.
I love this bag, too. The problem is, it is TINY. This only ever sees the light of day if it "goes" with a particular outfit. My wallet doesn't even fit in it, for goodness sakes. My folks got this bag for me, when they went to China. I love it. Nice and roomy.
I could go on and on but I'll try to control myself. My father would be proud to know that my handbag collection is arranged neatly on the top shelf of my closet, each one stuffed with tissue paper. See, I told you I had a problem. Even my 3-year old son, after standing next to me while I typed this post said, "Mummy! You have too much purses!!!" Silly boy. Any woman knows that it is impossible to have "too much" purses.

4 comments:

kirsten said...

I love all your bags-they're gorgeous! I used to have a bag addiction (not limited to handbags but all sorts of luggage) but can't afford to partake anymore. I also used to be partial to winter coats too..it's fun to have "collections"!

Lisa said...

After Allison stopped wearing diapers I went for the TINY purse. All I have in my bag is my wallet, cell phone and chapstick. I may not be prepared for any emergencies but there is something liberating about not carrying all that STUFF! I will say however that there are times when I find myself wishing for a larger bag - only sometimes....

Joy said...

Funny - I have one purse. Please don't hate me. It's not pretty - it's functional. I do love it, though. It's from Title 9.

I do, however, LOVE your collection and obsession. I can live that part through you!

Heather said...

Yes, Janet...you are right. Target gets me every time - - they have way too many cute bags!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin