Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Randomness

I've been slacking with my blog for the past week...I guess life got a little busy. I was pretty stressed about getting a new tenant in our rental, and I'm happy to report that we have a very nice family of three moving in on March 1st. I really did not want to have to pay both mortgages next month, and now, thank goodness, we won't have to! Yippee! I have a good feeling about our new tenants, too. I'm learning quickly that having a rental property involves a lot of "taking chances", and although it is a bit stressful, I think it is teaching me to look at life a little differently (in a good way).

We woke up this morning to a good deal of snow, so Camden is about beside himself. He was out 8:00 a.m., bundled to the hilt, and was back in at 9:00 for some hot chocolate. He's very concerned that the snow will melt before lunchtime, although I've tried repeatedly to tell him otherwise.
Now, some recent photos:

Sweet Griffin Peter

Griffin, Banzer, and Camden this past Saturday

The boys, bundled up for a walk last week

I now have a sleeping boy in my lap, so lets see if I can still type! I thought I would mention a few random items that I love right now...sort of a mini consumer report.

  • I love, love, love my new stemless wine glasses (given to me by my sister-in-law, Kasey). Love them. I had been wanting some for a while now...thanks, Kas!
  • Munchkin Bottle Warmer - why didn't I have one of these with Camden? I was visiting my friend Darby a few weeks ago and used hers, then had to go directly to Target and buy one.
  • All-Bran crackers and granola bars. Yum. Steve and I have been trying to get more fiber in the family diet, and cut way back on any products that have high fructose corn syrup. I have to admit, I don't know about HFCS in the All-Bran products, but they are high in fiber, and they taste great.
  • The show, "Las Vegas". I think I accidentally watched it a few weeks ago while washing dishes, and now I am hooked. I love that show.
  • The jeans I recently purchased at Old Navy. Don't really know how to describe them other than they are NOT maternity. It is soooo nice to be wearing normal pants again. Still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, but had hesitated at buying a bunch of larger clothes, post-pregnancy. I'm glad I bought the jeans...huge morale booster, as silly as that may sound.

That's all for now!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

There is NOTHING as good at boosting morale as a good fitting pair of jeans! I'm glad you found a pair that you like!
I love the pics of the boys! Griffin is changing so fast! He always has such a pleasant look on his tiny, baby face! Is he as sweet as he looks?
And I'm so happy for Camden that he got some snow to play in!

Joy said...

I just love your blog, Heather. I check it often.

What are stemless wineglasses? Can you post a picture for me??

Great photos of the boys. I hear you on non maternity jeans... someday I hope to be there.

Hugs to you all.

Anonymous said...

What are stemless wine glasses?
I still say Camden is Uncle Buzz and Griffin looks like Steve!
Las Vegas is a hit with me too, along with CSI!
Love reading your blogs and your Mom is so proud!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin