Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Has Sprung

There are flowers popping up all over our yard! I just love the mild Idaho winters. There really only seem to be a few weeks where it is really cold, and then it starts feeling like spring. It will be in the low 70's this weekend, which will be fantastic.


Steve is off on a business trip, so the boys and I on our own yet again. I sort of feel like I haven't seen my dear husband much at all, lately. I'll be glad when he returns home Friday evening. In the meantime, we are rather busy with yard work, long walks, assorted baking, and plenty of playing. Camden and I baked some shamrock sugar cookies, so that he and his little friends Austin and Tyler can decorate them, when they come for a visit on Saturday. I bought a brisket today, and need to firm up the rest of my St. Patrick's Day menu, so that I can finish my shopping. Austin and Tyler's mom is my dear friend Michelle (we use to work together at St. Luke's). I haven't seen her since December so I just can't wait to see her this weekend. It should be fun.

Tomorrow, we have music class at the library, and after that we plan to stick pretty close to home. Plenty of raking and weeding to be done in the yard. My mother will gasp aloud when she reads this -- I've decided to get rid of my dishwasher. This house came with a stand-alone dishwasher, and I don't like it for a few reasons. One, because it is a stand-alone (not built in). Two, because it is quite old and frankly, it doesn't do a great job washing dishes. I practically have to wash the dishes by hand before running the cycle, in order for them to come out clean. Three, there really isn't room for it in my kitchen. It takes up too much room. A couple of weeks ago, I stopped using it all together, to see if I would miss it. I don't. Being at home now, I pretty much wash dishes after every meal anyway. I checked with our local consignment shop yesterday, and they will come and get it for me. Shoot, I may even make a few dollars when it is all said and done. I can't wait to pull my kitchen table out from up against the wall.

It is late and I really must go to bed. I leave you with a new shot of my precious boys.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm jealous of your beautiful spring weather! We've been enjoying some nice days but are now in a winter storm watch for Friday!
I personally could NOT live without my dishwasher, although I know others who don't mind not having one!
The pictures of the boys...so cute! Camden looks like he enjoys being a big brother!

Anonymous said...

GASP!!!

Actually, I don't blame you a bit. I toyed with not replacing ours, too. We seldom use ours -- maybe once a week if that.

Sweet picture of the boys!!

Anonymous said...

B'gosh I certainly do have two cute little grandnephews, all dolled up in their matching red shirts and bibs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin