Thursday, March 22, 2007

Boogers & Monkeys

Meet Griffin's nemesis, the bulb syringe, or, more commonly known in our household as The Booger Sucker. I'm quite sure that even when Griffin is a good three rooms away, he can hear me open the door to my medicine cabinet (where The Booger Sucker lives) and immediately begins to shriek. Yes, the boy has his first full-fledged cold. He's done pretty well to fend off illness this long, but then again, he hasn't been in day care. Poor Camden caught his first cold at 13 weeks of age, during his first week in day care, and proceeded to be sick off and on for the next 2+ years. Griffin's been a little trooper the past couple of days, although today he pretty much wants to be held non-stop.
Now, meet Monkey:
I do believe that Monkey may in fact be Griffin's version of Blue Bunny. Monkey was given to Griffin by our dear friend, Annice. Griffin has quite a vast array of stuffed animals, but he seems to have a special affinity for Monkey, as the following photos will show:
Speaking of Blue Bunny, we had yet another Blue Bunny Red Alert last night. Camden was heading to bed, and Blue Bunny was nowhere to be found. Camden was rather calm about the whole thing, but Steve and I were tearing the house apart. I finally thought to look out into the back yard, where I spied a lone furry blue foot sticking out from the basket on the back of Camden's tricycle. Camden was happy, and Blue Bunny was cold, but no worse for the wear.
Last weekend, my dear friend Michelle came to visit, along with her twin boys, Tyler and Austin.
We had a great time, and the boys sure had fun playing together. I can't wait to get together with Michelle again.
Now we are off to Music & Movement at the library, which always proves to be a hoot.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Okay, okay! Enough of the short sleeves and little boys in the shorts! I'm SO jealous!! We are still up to our eyeballs in snow! I'm so ready to be outside playing in the yard! Enjoy it for us!

I absolutely love the pics of Griffin with his little monkey. That is so sweet! Katie and Allison had a special stuffed toy, (Allie still does), but Becky never picked one...so instead she has an entire ZOO on her bed at night!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin