Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tea for Two

Today was a great day. Gramma Arnett came over to watch Camden so that Mum and I could go out and spend some quality girl time together. For Mother's Day I planned a trip to Miss Tami's Cottage and Tea Room. I'd never been myself, but have heard great things about it, so I thought it would be fun to take Mum. We had the best time! We had the Full Afternoon Tea. When we arrived at Miss Tami's, we were asked to pick out hats to wear while we had our tea, then we were shown to our table. The tea room was beautiful - - very Victorian and frilly - - just the way I like things. We chose a tea (mandarin orange green tea), and our hostess returned with a hot silver pot full. She showed us how to serve it properly, and educated us in the finer points of the tea party. Our first course was a delicious fruit cup. Next came a blueberry scone with cream. Then, she brought out a tiered platter with a wide assortment of tea sandwiches, fruit, petit fours, lemon squares, and tea bread. To end our meal, we each were served a demitasse cup filled with moulton chocolate cake. We were stuffed. It was such a fun, unique, and delicious experience.

Mum, serving up the tea

After we were finished, we had a great time looking around in the beautiful gift shop. We both found a couple of things we had to have (of course).

A little post-tea shopping

From there, we continued to shop for the afternoon. It was so much fun buying some things for Griffin, treats for Camden, and of course some things for ourselves. We had so much fun!

3 comments:

Joy said...

What a delightful experience!!! I will have to do this with my Moma. She loves all things frilly and the way you described the food - well, how could I not want to experience this as well?

You look gorgeous, by the way. Vibrant glow and beautiful dress!

This blogging experience is wonderful and I am enjoying keeping in touch with you. Great job writing - I could taste the tea and the scones are melting in my mouth!!:)

Lisa said...

Sounds like you and your mom had a fantastic time! What a great idea! I agree with Joy, you look wonderful!

kirsten said...

Tea sounds like so much fun..what a great Mother's Day thing to do! Aren't mothers/grandmother's wonderful?!!!
Really enjoying keeping up with you via the blog!
love
Kirsten

Blog Widget by LinkWithin