Thursday, May 25, 2006

Random Babbling

I'm so happy it is Thursday - - I work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so today is my "Friday". It has been a busy week and my house is a disaster, so I am itching to be home tomorrow with Camden, and have a chance to get some order back into our lives. As I get closer and closer to staying home full-time (it looks like August 31st will be my last day of work), I am beginning to see what a good decision it is for all of us. It seems to be getting more and more challenging to get us all out the door by 6 a.m., then commute for an hour, drop Steve off, drop Camden off, and then get myself to work on time. By the time we get home at night we are all tired, and it is just a mad dash trying to prepare for the next work day. But enough about that...

Laugh if you must, but I love American Idol. I'm so happy Taylor won last night. It was also rather exciting to see Prince perform on the show. I told Steve this morning that I am glad the season is over, because now I've just gained back two hours of my life each week. Sad, but true!

Thought I'd mention a few more noteworthy items I've come across recently:

*Starbucks Banana Mocha Frappuccino - whoever invented this drink is an evil, evil person. I'm quite sure I could drink at least three per day.

*Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - my coworker, April, told me about this stuff...stay-put lipcolor with a stick of solid gloss to wear over the top - - it looks great and lasts all day. I love it!

*Rachel Ray's new magazine, called "Everyday With Rachel Ray". Great recipes and all kinds of great tips.

That's all, folks!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Great news on your last day of work! It truly was the best decision for our family, as well. Not just for Paco but the older kids as well - being here when they get home from school, practices, games, etc. I'm happy for you!!

I'll have to try the Starbuck's drink... could it be a prego thing?!?! tee hee hee 3 a day? Sounds too familiar to my root beer float days...

I didn't get into AI but have many friends who are fanatics like you and were happy to have Taylor win.

I myself am hopelessly addicted to the stupid Law & Order shows. SVU being my fave and Crossing Jordan topping all of them. (insert eye roll here!!)

Enjoy your LONG weekend!

Lisa said...

I never got into American Idol but as you know the LOST finale was last night. I'm looking forward to next season but I know what you mean about gaining time back once these shows end! Also, I'm always in the market for a good lipstick - thanks for the tip! By the way, I don't know how you do it, getting OUT THE DOOR by 6 a.m.!! I have trouble getting OUT OF BED at 6 a.m.! I can imagine how much you're looking forward to being home with your boys! I gotta tell ya Heath, I really enjoy your blog, it makes Idaho seem closer! Miss you.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Blog Widget by LinkWithin