Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Baby News

Today was our 20-week ultrasound, and it was wonderful. Baby is doing great. Steve, Camden, Bev (Steve's mom), and Roberta (my mom) were there to see the ultrasound, too. We were not planning to find out what we are having, but about two weeks ago I began to have a strong urge to know. No good reason, really - - I just wanted to know. So, today we found out that we will be having another beautiful boy, and we couldn't be happier. I really didn't have a preference one way or the other, but the moment that the sonographer said "boy", I was so completely happy. I love Camden so much that I just cannot wait to have another little boy running around. After the appointment, we ladies (and Camden) promptly ran out and purchased a few "boy" outfits - - we had a great time.

We have also scheduled Baby's birth - - I had a c-section with Camden and will be having another with this baby. My doctor likes to perform c-sections during the week before the actual due date, and so we were able to choose any day we wanted, the week before October 3rd (Baby's actual due date). He will be born on September 26th, which we chose because my brother Kevin was born on the same date, back in 1968.

Finally, our son will be named Griffin Peter - - Griffin, because we like the name and Peter, after Peter Cox, a wonderful man who is no longer with us - - a man that Steve and I both loved very much. Life is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, Steve & Camden,

Congratulations on the news of having a boy!! What a wonderful way to share this with us. I will have to check back often to see how Heather is doing and also the recipe share! I'll admit, I had NO idea what a whoopie pie was. I'll have to try making them!

Love to all.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so excited to hear your news! Congrats...what fun you're going to have with two boys! And I must say what a handsome little man Camden is~ I love seeing the photos..Love Kirsten

Lisa said...

You must be so thrilled! I'm so happy for you! Camden will be a terrific big brother. I always thought it would be so neat to have all boys, instead I have all girls, go figure. Anyway, I love the name Griffin Peter! What fun you will have with your two little boys! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Uncle Ken and I will have another great-nephew. He'll be a wonderful addition to our family. Camden and Griffin: they go together well, don't they?! Camden must be happy to know he'll be a big brother soon.

Love, Uncle Ken and Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I know you think about whom owned it but if you think about in this way they would want it to go to someone whom would love it and use it like they did in there time and that person is you .... So enjoy them as they once did !!!


cousin Janet

Blog Widget by LinkWithin