Saturday, May 06, 2006

See what I mean?


So here it is, nearly a month later. I've meant to post - - I've thought about it - - but, alas, I have not. As you can see, I have been busy expanding at a frightening rate. While riding the elevator at work the other day, a stranger said, "You must be due any day now!" to which I replied, "Um, no, not until October." Egads.
Steve is out of town on Army-related business, as has been the case for the past two months or so. He will be home next Friday, and hopefully, will not be traveling again until July. So, Camden and I have been holding down the fort. When Steve is out of town, we slide back into our "deployment mode" routine pretty easily. The hard part is when Daddy comes back into town - - we usually experience a day or two of naughty behavior from Camden as he tries to readjust to having two parents to answer to.
The weather has been absolutely lovely the past few days, ranging from the high 60's to high 80's. Things are green at the moment, but it won't be long before the landscape turns to brown, and stays that way until next April. That's the desert for you.
My mom arrives next Thursday. She's coming for a long weekend to do the Race for the Cure with us. This will be her second Boise Race for the Cure - - we did it together in 2004 also. Steve will run the 5K, Mum will walk, and I, on the other hand, will probably waddle. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately, I'm embarrassed to admit. Camden will ride in comfort in the jogger. Mum has been cancer-free for 5 years now, so that makes this year's race extra special for sure. The best part about her visit is, she will also be here for Mother's Day, and for the "big" ultrasound on May 16th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise, God, about your Mum. I remember well, the bout she had with cancer when we were at the College together. What a wonderful experience for you all.

Heather, I think you look great! Ignore those ignorant comments from people who have no idea what it's like to bring a nice healthy boy into the world. Sheesh - the nerve. I'd love to see you and Camden!

Glad Steve is home safely and doesn't have to venture far away too soon, though I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

I need to keep reading and see if you've said if you're home full time now...

I've marked this in my favorites and IF I ever truly get the hang of blogging I'll send it your way. HA. Just started one today at xanga but not sure I care for it.

Ta-Ta for now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin