Monday, May 22, 2006

Banzer Pake is here!

In lieu of recipe Monday, I will instead post that our nephew, Banzer Pake, was born a little over an hour ago at 7:25 p.m. He weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces, and is 20 inches long. The proud parents are Rex (Steve's brother) and his wife Kasey. Rex reports that Banzer has lots of hair, a cleft chin, and is "as cute as a bug's ear". I'm hoping to be able to go to the hospital on my lunch break tomorrow and see him.

Today, Dev and Steve worked on the house all day. Steve put the trim up in preparation for the new siding which is going on around the new kitchen window. Dev knocked the entire outside wall out of the 3rd bedroom. The doorway that leads into the house has been boarded up, and it is kind of weird to look at the room from the outside. Next weekend, they will fix the foundation and frame the wall and new window, then hang the sheetrock. We should have a room ready for tape and texture by Memorial Day (we hope).

Our other bit of excitement is that we are beginning the process of purchasing our nextdoor neighbor's home, and hope to begin moving in around the first of September. It is about twice the size of the house we are in now, and it is just beautiful. Our plan at the moment is to keep this house as a rental property. So, we have a lot going on here!

Camden is still missing his Nana quite badly. He's been a little off kilter all weekend, but I'm hoping he'll be back to his old self, once he goes back to Preschool tomorrow. Steve and I had our first experience with "night terrors" last night, when Camden woke up around midnight, shrieking bloody murder. Scared us both about to death! Camden never really woke up, but babbled a lot, was hysterical, and remained that way for about 10 minutes until all of a sudden he was sound asleep. Hope that doesn't happen again any time soon.

Griffin did lots of kicking all weekend, and now I can actually see my shirt moving when he is kicking. Earlier this evening, Camden came running up to me with a piece of biscotti and said, "Eat this, quick!! Griffin is starving!!" I just about died laughing.

Must get to bed. Speaking of biscotti, I'll post my recipe for that, tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Kasey and Rex! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to personally meet Banzer. Your boys will rule your town! -- Mum

Lisa said...

Congrats to the proud new parents! And to you and Steve also on the purchase of your new home, how exciting! Sounds like you'll be settled in by the time little Griffin is born. And how sweet that Camden is already trying to take care of his little brother!!

Joy said...

Welcome, Banzer to our world! Kasey is doing well?

Congratulations on your new home! Great idea for a rental property since you'll be next door and can "keep any eye" on things! How very wonderful.

I won't get you too excited, but we have looked at some property along Emmett Rd (north of Middleton) but nothing yet. Praying something comes open for us closer to you...

Glad to hear home improvements are still happening with help from Dev. We're planning a fence party soon for our back yard.

Any chance of a get-together with Paco and me in your near future?? You know my addy.

Hug and Kiss Banzer for me!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin