Saturday, May 27, 2006

Ahhhh.....

Steve and I just returned from Boise after a "night out" on the town. Camden is spending his first night away from home (and us) - - he's with Gramma and Grampa-Grampa (Steve's parents) in their camper. It was hard to leave him, especially when he started crying and said, "Mummy, don't leave me!", but the last time Steve and I had a date was last December, when my parents were here visiting. Pretty sad. When we got home tonight, we both admitted that we'd like to go and get him, because it felt weird not to have him in the house. Anyway, back to our date....
We decided to keep dinner low-key so we went to Tablerock Ale House. Steve had paella, and I had fish and chips...delish. After that, we decided to walk a few blocks over to Le Cafe de Paris for coffee and dessert. They make a great cup of coffee there, and have the most elegant French pastries. We rounded out the evening with a stop at WalMart (yes, we are pretty exciting), and now here I sit blogging, while Steve assembles his "commuter bike". This makes bike number three - - I do believe the man has a slight problem.
It was so nice to have adult conversation tonight, without constant interruption. Camden is at the age right now where it seems his mission in life is to prevent anyone (mostly Steve and I) from carrying on any type of conversation. We are working on breaking him of this, but it has been rather challenging. Steve and I are both quite bad at making time for each other, but neither of us seem to realize it, until we actually spend some time together alone. We'll need to work harder at that.
Have you heard the new Dixie Chicks CD? If not, go out and buy yourself a copy. Very, very good. I was telling Steve tonight that I find it quite annoying that because of a comment that Natalie Maines made about three years ago (about the President), their popularity has plummeted. She said she was ashamed to be from the same state as President Bush. That's all she said. Yet, earlier this week, Madonna kicked off her latest concert tour, where, at one point in the concert, she stages a mock crucifixion of herself, and at another point, superimposes Hitler's face over Bush's. However, Madonna is seen as simply risque, while the Dixie Chicks were made public enemy number one. Makes no sense to me. Then again, society in general kind of boggles my mind these days.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I could not agree with you more about the Dixie Chicks being made into some sort of anti American cult where Madonna can get away with just about anything! Anyway, glad you and Steve had a night out! It's hard to make time, I know exactly what you mean. It's certainly something Ed and I need to make more time for. Happy Memorial Day!

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing your date with us! I hear you on the "taking time for us" part. Think we need to do that, too... as for leaving Camden, I imagine our first time here at home will go as your did! ha!

I third the view of Dixie Chicks being boycotted by most and Madonna getting away with murder. Ugh.

Off to building a backyard fence so my runaway can run away no more!

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Blog Widget by LinkWithin