Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Recipe Monday (a day late): Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti

I love to make biscotti, and this is by far my favorite recipe.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped hazelnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheet. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix into the egg mixture. Stir in the hazelnuts. Shape dough into 2 equal-sized logs, about 12 inches long. Flatten the logs into approximately 1/2 - 3/4 inch thickness. Bake for 30 minutes, until edges are golden and center is firm. Remove from the oven and cool on pans. When cool enough to handle, place log on cutting board and slice with a serrated knife into 1 inch slices. Place sliced side down, back on cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then flip to other side; bake 5 more minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature (if you own a vacuum sealer, these freeze beautifully when vacuum sealed). Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Yummy! I will have to try this one. The recipe I have calls for orange liquor... so I don't make them often. Actually, I only made them once!

Also a nice treat is to dip half the cooled biscoti in chocolate.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Blog Widget by LinkWithin