Friday, May 12, 2006

Flying the Friendly Skies

Well...where to start? Mum was due to arrive in Boise last night. When she arrived at the Portland, Maine airport yesterday afternoon, her flight out had been cancelled. So, back to Topsham she went. Arrived at the airport again today to find that her flight had been delayed. When she finally made it to Chicago, she'd missed her connecting flight to Boise. As I type, she is en route to Salt Lake City, Utah, where she will have to spend the night. She will arrive in Boise tomorrow morning at 9:14 a.m., fourteen minutes after the Race for the Cure begins. I feel so badly for her - - I know how much she was looking forward to this. I told her that once I pick her up, we still have time to make it back to the race location so we can partake in the festivities, even if we don't walk the race. Ironically, as of today I have a massively pinched nerve in my back, and can barely walk. So, I wouldn't have been able to haul my sorry butt 3.1 miles anyway. I'm actually sitting here wondering what the heck I am going to do in general. My doctor told me this pregnancy would either alleviate my back problems for a few months, or make them considerably worse (like it could get any worse), and I fear I am experiencing the latter. Mind over matter, I say!
Steve is currently on his way from St. Louis to Boise - - when we wake up tomorrow, he should be here. We've missed him terribly, and it will be great to have him home. Must get to bed now - - my goal for tomorrow is to work this kink out of my back, and take extra special care of my mom, who has had a rough couple of day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a bummer for your mom. I'm sure being with you and your family will make up for the disappointment she feels about missing the walk. Take it easy today Heath! Hope your back is better soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin