Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things: Thrift Stores

More specifically, my local thrift store. It is full of junk, and it is full of treasures. I love to poke around in there and see what I can find. Sometimes, I just can't believe what is lurking in there. I guess that just goes to prove the old saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

I love, love, love this vintage Pyrex refrigerator dish. This one is just 1.5 cups, so it is small. Unfortunately it didn't have the cover with it, but I still love it. 50 cents.

I got this great Kromex serving tray for a dollar. I am fond of Kromex because when we bought this house, I also bought Mrs. Haney's vintage Kromex canister set and bread box, which you might be able to spot in some of the pictures I've taken in my kitchen.

I found this deviled egg plate a few months ago. I've used it so many times already. I'm not sure why I like this dish so much, I just do. I think it is the color (which I couldn't get to come through in the picture) - - it is a very pretty green. $4.00.

I found this vintage fondue pot last week, for $2.00. I don't think it had ever been used. It was perfect for our first course of cheese fondue, this past weekend.

These fondue plates are my favorite find, by far. I have been coveting a set of plates identical to these, on Amazon.com, for about three years now. However, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $40.00 on a set of four --that is just insane. Lucky for me, I got these for 36 cents a piece. Yippee!

5 comments:

kirsten said...

What great finds! And the fondue set sounds incredible. I haven't found any good thrift stores here yet- just for kids stuff (which is still fun)

Anonymous said...

We have a great thrift store right beside where I work. I've purchased brand new with tags still on clothes from Talbots and L L Bean, to name a few, for a $1 each! One sweater was a $150 one, talk about a savings!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. Your thrift store finds have me wanting to make a trip to the Goodwill Store. I haven't had a good thrift store fix in several months. I haven't forgotten the great one in your town, Heather, where I snagged a few treasures of my own. Margaret's thrift store sounds like a must-visit for me, too.

Heather said...

Margaret, I want to go to your thrift store!! Aunt Jean, I did in fact, find my treasures at the Youth Ranch...the same place you found yours! I love that place. Maybe the boys and I should take a walk down there tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Its the St. Andrews Hospital thrift store and its GREAT! They use to be right across the hall from me, so I could always keep my eye on things. Now they moved 2 doors down its not as easy to pop in all the time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin