Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Card Confessional

I'm not sending out Christmas cards this year. There. I said it, so it is done. I'm guessing this is the first time in, oh, twelve years, that I haven't done cards. I don't even really have a good reason, really. First, I couldn't get a good picture of the boys (they're squirmy). So a few days passed by. Then, a couple of weeks. Then, I tried some more pictures. Still nothing. Then, it kind of slipped my mind, with all the other holiday preparation and such. Late last week, I began to panic. This week ended up being consumed with coughing, boogery noses, doctor visits, pink eye, ear infections, sleepless nights, and lots of grouchiness. At some point I realized I was far too stressed about Whether Or Not I Could Get Cards Done, so I made the executive decision to just throw in the towel. So, there you have it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Heather! Tis the season and the best gift we can give ourselves is the gift of "no guilt" so let go of any guilt you have over the Christmas cards and enjoy your family! I love ya, hug and kiss everyone for me. Love, Lee

Lisa said...

I chuckled as I read your blog today! Don't worry about the cards Heath. Isn't it amazing the stress we put on ourselves!? I'm sorry that you're dealing with sick kids and sleepness nights :( Hopefully everyone is feeling their best soon!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

kirsten said...

Do not worry about the cards! We all have your wonderful blog to see your photos and catch up on your life so don't feel like anyone is missing out. holidays should be "guilt free" in my opinion.
hope everyone feels better soon!

Momma Bird said...

Glad to read that someone else has "slacked" a little this year. If you haven't read my latest post, you should. I think it will make you feel better for skipping the cards this year :) Happy Holidays!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin