Monday, August 13, 2007

Rest now, sweet girl

My sweet, quirky Sadie Ann died this morning, just a little after 9 o'clock, with her head in my lap. Her death was very peaceful, and I was able to hold her and stroke her, and tell her how much I loved her, and how much she has meant to me. I am having her cremated, and will take her back to Maine in the fall, where life was sweet, and full of car rides with the window down, long walks off the leash, and the smell of salty air. Go well, Sade. I will miss you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Heather. We put Chelsea (our first "child") down in April, she was 16 and failing quickly. Robyn got to hold her and talk to her while she passed. Which she is glad she was able to do. Maybe Sadie and Chelsea are running together now! BIG hugs to you and the kids, we don't realize how much pets become "family"

Anonymous said...

So very sorry about your Sadie Ann. What a loving tribute to bring her home to Maine. She was very lucky to have you as her "Mom" and be a part of your family.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry about Sadie, Heather. What a blessing to be able to hold her and love her as you said goodbye. I think you are the one who told me about the Rainbow Bridge poem - a LONG time ago. Look it up, I'm sure you'll find it online if you don't remember it. It's very sweet. Take care. Hugs.

kirsten said...

I'm so sorry Heather. I can't imagine how painful that must have been for you. Sending hugs your way-

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Sadie, Heather. It was so kind of you to adopt her all those years ago. She had a very special life because of you. Give her buddy Riley a hug for me.

Heather said...

Thanks, everyone, for all of the touching comments and emails. It really meant a lot to me.

Joy said...

So sorry, Heather!!! Do you remember when my Snitzy was went to sleep forever? We had a memorial service and everything - I understand the bond you have had with her. I'll keep you and Camden in my prayers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin