Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Camden's Breakfast Guest

See that wooden box on the table, next to Camden? Sort of looks like a recipe box? Um...that's Sadie. That's actually the "urn", full of her ashes. Camden is very intrigued by the whole thing. We picked her ashes up yesterday, and ever since, Camden's asked repeatedly, "Mummy, can you open up that box and show me Sadie's bones?" "No," I reply, "I don' t think we'll be opening the box, Camden." When he woke up this morning, he went right to the box and gave it a pat and said, "Good morning, Sadie!" So, it's been a bit of an odd day around here. By this afternoon, Camden had taken to calling the urn, "Sadiebox". Ahh, the inner-workings of the four-year-old mind. Never ceases to amaze me!


We had a call from Steve this morning, saying that he thought he would be able to have lunch with us, if we drove out to meet him. So, we scrambled, piled into the car, and had a really nice little picnic. The boys were happy to see him (as was I). It sounds as though he'll be back home sometime this weekend. When this training is over with, I don't think he has any longer commitments like this for quite some time.


This picture of Griffin cracks me up, because this is what I see at just about any given point in the day, when I look down. He's taken to following me wherever I go, and hanging on to my leg. I must admit, although I have spent many, many days, weeks, and months parenting solo, this feels like a whole different ball game now. Griffin is rather mischievous, and Camden is a very active 4-year-old. This new phase that Griffin is currently up to his eyeballs in (mobile, getting into everything, wants Mummy 24/7) combined with the busy-ness of his older brother, is wearing me out!

As you can see, I've been playing around with my blog format. There seem to be quite a few glitches still, but it is going to have to be a work in progress. The section of my brain that deals with formatting and such is virtually non-existent, so just changing my blog template practically made my head explode.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of little Griffin. It makes me want to swoop him up and plant a big, fat kiss on his cheek.

Is Camden still having his breakfast guest?

Can't wait to see all of you when you come East.

Lisa said...

Griffin seems to be looking at you like - "Who me?" I love it!

Camden is quite a character! The child must keep you in stitches! It's so amazing how they think things up all on their own, isn't it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin