Monday, August 06, 2007

Idaho Wine Country

We are having a great visit with my folks, who arrived on Saturday evening. Here they are yesterday, posing with the grapes at Hell's Canyon Winery. We packed a picnic and the six of us headed out for a scenic drive to check out a couple of the many wineries here in Idaho. I can't believe that I've been here for six years, and I've only been to two...I'll have to work on that. Anyway, our first stop was Koenig Winery and Distillery. The Koenig brothers make fabulous wine, as well as fruit brandies, and potato vodka. The copper pot stills were pretty amazing. In the tasting room, I tried a wonderful Cabernet Syrah, as well as their 2005 Ice Wine. I'm not a huge fan of sweet wines, but I absolutely loved their ice wine. I'm not even sure how to describe it, but it was delicious. We had a picnic lunch on the grounds, Camden spent some time rolling down the hill, and then we headed off down the road to the Hell's Canyon Winery. Again, we had fun sampling some different wines. Steve brought home a bottle of Deer Slayer Syrah, which we had with dinner last night. We then headed home with the boys, while my folks stopped in at The Winery at Eagle Knoll. We are hoping to visit Ste. Chapelle next weekend, where they will be having a concert on the grounds.

Unfortunately, Steve got held up in some meetings today (he was supposed to have the day off) and ended up staying at the office all day. The good news is, he will be taking Thursday off, so that's great.

Griffin didn't nap yesterday afternoon, so he was extra tired last night. So tired, in fact, that he couldn't seem to get to sleep! Luckily, he had his Papa to snuggle up to, and that did the trick.

Story time with Nana (if you're wondering what that is that Camden's hooked up to - - that would be my father's sleep apnea mask that he has to wear when he sleeps...Camden thinks it is fun to wear).
The four of us, at Hell's Canyon Winery

Camden wanted his picture taken with this mini-forklift

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great that your parents have arrived for a visit. Great photos of your winery trip, and what a great hill for Camden to roll down! Have a wonderful visit!

Anonymous said...

I was just going to email to see if your folks arrived ok - then I thought I'd check your blogspot! So glad to see they arrived ok, and are enjoying the boys, and the wine country! Love the pictures!
Our love to all.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin