Saturday, August 04, 2007

Dried Out

The basement is finally dry...yippee! I still need to clean the carpeting though, so I've set my folks up in Steve's office for a couple of nights, and then we can move them across the hall into the guest room. We'll head out sometime mid-afternoon to pick Steve up from drill, and then head to the airport to get Mum and Dad - - I can't wait! I can't believe it has been nearly a year since I've seen them. Too long.

So, it has been a busy week here, between the basement clean-up and the general house clean up, and two boys who have been in rare form this week. I have a bad case of kid burn-out, I must admit. You know I love my boys more than life itself, but sometimes I can only talk about matchbox cars, The Lion King, and monster trucks for so long. I have found myself on more than one occasion this week, longing for an iced coffee and complete silence, if only for 30 minutes. That being said, there sure are worse problems to have, aren't there? Nothing that some quality time with my parents, as well as two extra sets of hands to help me with the boys won't cure!

1 comment:

kirsten said...

Totally can relate to your comment about kid-burnout. I had a bad case of it this week. I am totally spoiled by getting a babysitter once a week for a few hours and this week she couldn't do it and I felt completely out of my mind! I feel like that is the one time a week I can have some peace and quiet!
Have a wonderful time with your parents- I'm sure they will be on cloud nine seeing y'all-

Blog Widget by LinkWithin