Monday, January 08, 2007

Wasn't I Just Here?

Seriously. Wasn't I? I think it was a mere 7 hours ago. Usually, I make myself stay up for Griffin's "last feeding" of the evening, usually somewhere around 10 p.m. - - sometimes earlier, sometimes later. Last night, silly me, I fell asleep sometime after 10:00, BEFORE feeding the boy, only to be awaken at 12:00. If I'm woken up so soon after going to sleep for the night, I'm all messed up the next day. I don't know why, I just am. My eyeballs hurt, I can't form complete sentences, and sometimes I even drool a little, without realizing it (okay not really, but I might as well be drooling). What I THINK happened the rest of the night: Somewhere around 2 a.m., after Griffin had awoken for the second time, Son Number One let out a cry from across the hall, and then proceeded to stumble into our bedroom. Luckily, Steve sprang to action and got him tucked back in. Ahhhhh. Sleepy time. Not for long. Somewhere around 4:00, Griffin was up again, soon followed by Camden, AGAIN. What was waking Camden up? Why, the "scary choo-choo train noise", of course. Don't try to reason with a 3 1/2 year old at 4:00 a.m. - - it won't get you anywhere. That's when Steve told Camden he could get in bed with us. Fine. I was all for it, provided the offer would make Camden stop talking and go back to sleep. So, there I am at 4:00 a.m., sitting up in bed, breast feeding Griffin (who, as luck would have it, proceeded to have a "pee blow out" which would require a clothes-change as soon as he was done eating), Steve is next to me, snoring, and Camden is next to him, thrashing. When Griffin was fed, changed, and back to sleep, it was quite clear that there wasn't any room for me in the bed, so I threw in the towel and decided to get up and enjoy some "quiet time". Well, not long after I'd tiptoed downstairs, Camden appeared in the doorway, with his Naughty Chair in hand (this would be the little wooden chair we use for "time out", made with love by a convicted felon, purchased at the Maine State Prison Showroom). I asked him what he was doing up at 5:00 a.m., to which he replied, "Daddy told me to get out of bed!" I had seen that one coming before I had gotten up.
So, today ought to be interesting. I haven't been out of the house in days, and at this point in time, I'm rather sleep-deprived. My preschooler got up WAY too early, which usually leads to some sort of crazy melt-down later in the day. Luckily, Steve has the day off, so I have reinforcements. Let the games begin!

1 comment:

kirsten said...

You poor thing! I read your previous post and I dread our first trip to the ER..I know with having a son it's inevitable. As far as getting out of the house, we were homebound today with the car in the shop and I was going nuts and that was only one day! ..i hope you can get some sleep today with Steve home. There is nothing worse than sleep deprivation..I was up at 4:40am today too...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin