Sunday, January 14, 2007

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mum & Dad!

My parents were married 40 years ago today. Over the five years that I've been married, I've often thought about the fact that maintaining a marriage is work - - each person has to contribute to it to keep it going. I know I never thought about that, pertaining to my folks, when I was growing up. I think when I got married, I grew to respect my parents a little more, and when I had children, I respected them ALOT more. From my point of view, there are little things about my parents' marriage that mean the most to me. My parents never yelled at each other, or disrespected each other, in front of my brother and I. Ever. When my father came home from work at night, the first thing he always did was to go to my mother, and kiss her. Once, many years ago, my mother and I took a trip to Texas to visit friends. We were only going to be gone for a week. When we said goodbye to my father, my mother cried, because she was going to miss him. I think that was the first time that it dawned on me that they weren't just my parents, but something much more than that.
Happy Anniversary, I love you more than you could possibly know.

Camden and Papa, 2003

With Mum at the Boise Race for the Cure, 2004

Camden getting fitted for shoes by his Papa, 2004

With Nana, 2004

(I had a bunch more pictures picked out, but Blogger won't let me post them! Shucks!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, this is a wonderful tribute to your parents.

Anonymous said...

This blog is the best anniversary gift, Heather! You and Kevin are reasons to have a happy marriage.

Joy said...

Thanks for posting this memorable anniversary and your thoughts on parents/marriage. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

You made me cry Heather........ what your parent's have IS beautiful and special. Thanks for sharing. Love ya! Lee

Anonymous said...

Your parents are the best Aunt and Uncle to have a really concerned about every else.
Susie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin