Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday Smorgasbord

Thought I would post a few pictures and give a quick update on everyone here. First, the pictures:

Here's Camden last weekend in Fairfield, trying out his new snowshoes (from Aunt Dani and Uncle Aaron)

Here's Camden, trying out our friend Dennis's four-wheeler. We went to Fairfield last weekend to see Dennis's new house - - it is beautiful (Dennis was Steve's commander while they were in Iraq)

Steve, trying out his new daypack on Christmas day

Griffin, trying out his Bumbo seat, while Riley checks out Griffin's new sweater

Love this one of Steve and Griffin...

I hijacked this picture from my sister-in-law, Kasey...love this shot of our nephew, Banzer with Steve.

Steve has drill this weekend, so the boys and I are "homebound" for three days. I thought I would go insane without a car this weekend, but so far I'm happy to report that I am completely sane. Besides working all the time, Steve has a ski trip coming up next weekend. He and his friend Chuck are going to ski quite a few miles into the wilderness and camp out near a hot spring (yes, in the snow). Steve's friend Dennis has decided to go too, and he is currently boarding a team of sled dogs on his property. The sled dogs are going to go along (with their handler) and haul the guys' gear in, so they can get a workout (these dogs have done the Ididerod). So, it should be interesting to say the least. Steve's got some business travel coming up this month as well, so we won't be seeing too much of him it seems.

Camden is busy, as usual. He informed me last night that he would like a baby sister. This morning, he added that he'd like her to be named Jessica. I told him he would need to bring this up with his father, which I'm sure will thrill Steve to no end (insert sarcasm here). Recently, Camden's become very interested in clocks, asking what time it is, etc. So, we are working harder on our numbers these days. He is still very obsessed with the movie "Cars", and everything that goes with it. He is all boy, and he keeps me hopping, pretty much around the clock.

Griffin is almost 15 weeks old - - I can't believe it. About two weeks ago, he started sleeping about 6 hours at a stretch during the night, which is a huge breakthrough for him because he had been getting up every 2-3 hours since he was born. He is also getting better at taking naps. He smiles all the time, and this week he figured out how to blow raspberries, so he is pretty much covered in spit at all times now. He is growing much too fast for me.

As for me, things continue to fall into place. The boys and I have a pretty good routine each day, and the time seems like it flies by. Next week will be particularly busy with gymnastics, dentist, Mom's group, etc. I've also decided to try out a couple of classes, which I am really looking forward to. One is this week - - baby sign language. Then, next week I'll go to a "snowshoe for women" class. Thought I'd try something new. It is going to be good to get out and do something just for myself.

That is all from here, for now. Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Heather, and an interesting update. I wish we had the snow that Fairfield has. The ground is bare here in Maine.

Glad to hear Griffin is getting himself into a schedule. I can't believe he's blowing strawberries already!

Give some serious thought to Camden's request for a sister....:•)

Lisa said...

We enjoyed a balmy winter day yesterday! We were actually in Portland for the weekend and it hit 66 degrees there!! The Old Port was beautiful and it made me think of our overnight with Kate and Michelle when we were in high school!! Miss you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin