Saturday, November 03, 2012

Photo Dump

 
When you neglect your blog for an extended period of time, you tend to neglect your photo files, too. At least that's true in my case. As I was sipping coffee, early this morning, I plugged my phone and my camera into my computer and loaded all the pictures that have been trapped there for weeks and weeks. Lots of randomness!
 
 
Harassing the Captain at work
 
 
Kicking back in the Glamper
 
 
First day of school
 
 
 
First bus ride. This lasted about a week and then both boys decided it wasn't worth leaving for school nearly an hour early, among other things.
 
 
Griff and his best buddies at his 6th birthday party
 
 
Chicken weirdness
 
 
Does anyone recognize this? This is from when I forced all three of my boys to go on the "Small World" ride at Disneyland.
 

One of my favorite cupcake displays at the first annual "Cupcake Wars" competition at our local library. It made me want to curl up with a blanket and a book and eat a cupcake.
 

 
My first "messy bun". I have never had long hair before. Why, at age 40, I thought it was a good idea, I'm not sure. However, it is really fun to watch hair-do tutorials on YouTube.
 

Double-yolker. I get one of these from my girls every now and again. I am learning that for about every dozen normal eggs I get, I get at least one weird one. Weird-shaped, with bumps, spots, ridges, double yolks, no shell (although that isn't happening anymore)...chicken farming is definitely interesting!
 
 
Roy, because he is my sweet boy. He has turned to me for all of the love and affection that he use to get from Riley, and he has helped in healing my broken heart.
 

Camden on the roof. I think the boys were checking on the chimney.
 
 
The boys getting a good look in the baptismal font, after our baptism last weekend. It was made extra special by the fact that the water was from the Jordan river, brought back to the United States in a jar by our pastor's husband, after a trip to Israel in 1997 (back when you could carry liquids on an airplane!). He filtered it and it has been sitting in a cupboard ever since, in hopes that they would use it to baptize a grandchild. Alas, they didn't have any grandchildren, so they used it on us! 

1 comment:

David James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin