Monday, March 07, 2011

Riley Speaks....sort of

The boys have been long-time fans of the PBS show, "Martha Speaks", and recently Griffin's been asking me to buy some Alphabet Soup to see if we could get Riley to talk (the premise behind "Martha Speaks," in case you aren't familiar with the show, is that a dog eats some alphabet soup, which gives her the ability to speak). I quickly learned that Alphabet Soup is hard to find! I don't know how many stores I looked, before I found some!
Griffin was very excited for our little "experiment" and could hardly stand the excitement.

Riley was very excited to be eating something different, out of a human dish, in the middle of the day...


As soon as Riley was done slurping up his bowl of soup, we commanded him to speak. I'm sorry to report that he only produced a normal old Riley bark. Griffin was not impressed. I'm pretty sure he stomped his feet a few times and declared that the soup "didn't work". Riley, on the other hand, wanted another bowl, which he didn't get.


The End.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think Riley looked very pleased with his special treat! Too bad he didn't cooperate though for Griffin's sake...Gosh I haven't had alphabet soup in years, always loved it. Hmm...maybe I will have soup for dinner...

Roberta said...

Maybe Riley's like Tony was when he was a little boy -- only talked when he was alone in his room at bedtime. Just sayin' . . . .

Momma Bird said...

What an adorable story! Cole hasn't really gotten into that show he is more into Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that :) Thank goodness we don't have a cat! :) Great shots captured with your camera!

Nicky said...

Hehe, that's so cute! Love the running photographic commentary too. Riley looks like he at least really enjoyed it!

Lisa Ann Cook said...

Great post Heather! Allison loves Martha Speaks as well and I'm surprised she hasn't requested alphabet soup to try out on our dogs! The photos you took of Riley are so cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin