Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just Like Grace Kelly


Okay, not just like Grace Kelly, but whatever. If you know me really well, then you are aware of the fact that I have always been madly in love with James Stewart, and that Rear Window is one of my all-time favorite movies. I think I've watched it a million times so far, and am bound to watch it a million more. There are so many things that I love about this movie, one of which is Grace Kelly's character, Lisa Fremont. There's one scene in the movie where Lisa whips out a Mark Cross overnight case, and inside the tiny bag is a nightgown and slippers (a rather scandalous thing for an unmarried woman to do in a man's apartment, back in 1954). I've always been fascinated with that overnight case, and would love to get my hands on one just like it. Unfortunately for me, the actual Mark Cross bag used in the movie (pictured below) sold at auction in 2002 for $5,016.00. Sigh.


Anyway, not too long ago, I found this little beauty at a local treasure shop for a mere $7.50. Not at all like Lisa Fremont's bag, but I love it just the same. I guess all that I need now is a fancy nightgown and slippers.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

What an adorable bag! And I love the seque to it from the movie too. I'll have to check the movie out, I've never seen that one. Please share photos of the fancy slippers and nightgown when they arrive!

Fountainebleau Auto Locksmith said...

Appreciate the time you took to post this

Blog Widget by LinkWithin