Monday, November 03, 2008

Not What I Had Planned

I had something a little more interesting in line for today's post, but alas, I woke up feeling just horrible this morning, so my day took an instant detour, straight for the sofa. Unfortunately, Steve left today for business in Eastern Idaho, and he won't be back until Friday. Luckily I am beginning to feel a bit more human - - I'm quite sure today's malady is directly related to my ongoing intestinal troubles, but thankfully, I should have some answers to all of that in the very near future. My boys are being super today - - probably because we are holed up in the family room with a never-ending stream of cartoons. Today, I am thanking the Direct T.V. gods for helping me in my time of need. Yay, children's programming!

I'd also like you all to know that my home is in such a state of disarray that I am very tempted to take pictures of it. I mean, think of your house at it's absolute worst, and then multiply that by about a gajillion. That is what my home looks like today. It is just going to have to wait until tomorrow, I fear!

I took the plunge recently, and purchased a temporary membership to Sam's Club. While I like the idea of wholesale shopping, I've resisted the urge because I figure it is just one more opportunity to buy a bunch of stuff that I don't need. However, I recently read about their "10 Weeks for $10" offer, and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to give it a try and see if it really is worth it to be a full-time member. More than that, I learned of a service that Sam's Club offers called "Click 'n Pull". I can do all of my shopping online, then just show up at the service center, pay my tab, and they will bring my cart of goodies out to me. For me, this is super appealing because I don't have to torture the boys by dragging them around yet another store, and it also eliminates any impulse buys that could potentially end up in my cart. I made a quick trip to Sam's the other day so that I could "case the joint" and see just what they had. I was not disappointed - - they had so many things that are always on my list - - applesauce, honey, Ranch dressing, sugar, flour, etc., and all at huge savings.

Now that our day is heading into late afternoon, it has dawned on me that the boys and I could use more days like this...no agenda, no housework, snuggling on the sofa, and getting a little rest.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Feel better!! Glad you can rest up. Mark

Anonymous said...

I do not know where I would be without my Costco membership! It is the BEST!

Hope you're feeling back up to snuff tomorrow. Do take advantage of those days to just chill with the kids--those days get fewer and further betweeen as they get older.

Heather said...

Thanks, Mark!

You are right, Linda...I'm trying to be better about savoring these moments. 10 years from now, they won't want anything to do with me, I fear!

Cheryl said...

Hope you are feeling better...and glad that you have DirectTV!! Sometimes the tv can be a great friend :) I love my Sam's Club membership. I have trouble though with going for certain items and coming out with ALOT MORE! Here's a thought-perhaps you could split some purchases with friends...

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better soon! Its good to have just laying around days once in a while. I absolutely LOVE Sam's club, going mostly in the winter and stocking up! Have fun!!

kirsten said...

I hope you are feeling better soon..
Club memberships are great- and I have a lot of experience with them via Lindt and Ghirardelli where they are a huge customer for us. In my opinion Sam's has the best discounts however- Cost-co has more "premium" offerings (more mainstream, organic, all natural brands)- you might want to check out Costco if you have one in the area and see how they compare.
By the way- did Muffin Tin Monday here today with the twins and they loved it! Thanks for the inspiration

Blog Widget by LinkWithin