Sunday, October 07, 2007

Counting the Days...

...until we arrive in Maine! I can't believe we'll be there, a week from tomorrow! I have so much to do, and I'm wondering how I am going to get it all done! I'm afraid I was pretty useless most of this past week. Steve went back to work on Thursday, and I have to say, it is very challenging "not to lift", when you are caring for a one-year-old. Camden was a big help to me, so we managed just fine. My incisions seem to be healing, and I have a follow-up with my surgeon tomorrow so I'm in hopes he'll give me a clean bill of health.

I shipped the boys' Halloween costumes off to Topsham a couple of days ago, so that is a bunch of room freed up in my suitcase. I just can't seem to decide what types of clothes we'll need, as the weather has been unseasonably warm in Maine lately. I think the key to my packing success will be to pack light. I am the world's worst packer though (I always take way more than I need), so this should prove to be quite a challenge. My other major concern is how to amuse the boys on a cross-country flight. Camden has a cd player and some books on cd, so he should be all set. He's always been a great little traveler. Griffin, on the other hand...I have no idea what to expect from him. He's squirmy, he's silly, and yes, he's a little crazy. I suggest someone meet me at the gate in Portland with a strong cocktail.

We went to our local "Harvest Festival" yesterday, and the highlight for Camden was the model rocket ship that we saw. He hasn't talked about much else since posing for this photo. On Friday, I took Camden out to see Miss Helga, the military barber. Apparently he found her clippers extra ticklish, because he couldn't seem to stop giggling. Unfortunately, this led to some squirming, and then a slip of the clippers. Now, his hair is a bit shorter than I'd hoped, due to the line that was accidentally shaved across the back of his head!

Steve left for Fairfield early this morning, for a 30-mile mountain bike ride with a bunch of his friends. I'm guessing it has to be pretty cold up that way by now, so hopefully they won't freeze too much. The boys and I will most likely head to the library to get some work done this afternoon, and mostly try to avoid lifting!

Closing with a photo of what happens when you think it is a good idea to hold a diaper-less baby!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you are up and about! I'm sure you are so excited about your trip to Maine! I'm sure Griffin will do GREAT! Just remember, some of the most fascinating toys for kids aren't toys at all! Things like the airplane barf bags have some kind of amazing appeal on my kids at least! And the safety flip book with all its interesting pictures will probably occupy him for a little while anyway! Happy packing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin