Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love is in the air...


Today was such a great day - I so enjoyed my boys. I was feeling rather "Martha-Stewart-y", with it being Valentine's Day and all. Last night I made some chocolate chip scones for today's breakfast, and here's how I set Camden's place at the table, for when he woke up this morning:Once we got ourselves up and at 'em this morning, we headed out to Gowen Field to surprise Daddy with a soy chai from Starbucks, and a jar of candy and a valentine from Camden. Much to our dismay, Steve wasn't there when we got there! So, we left his treats and headed back for home. Luckily, right before we were about to get back on the highway, he called, so we turned around and went back, and had a nice visit.

When we got home this afternoon, we baked a big chocolate chip cookie in a heart-shaped pan for dessert, and made a heart-shaped pizza for dinner. Camden and I decorated the table (more hearts) and he was just tickled about the whole thing. Here's our pizza:After dinner, my big boy Griffin decided it was time to roll over from back to front for the first time. He was quite impressed with himself. After he did it once, he wouldn't stop!
Other big news for Griffin this week - - he started rice cereal yesterday, and last night, HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. Went to sleep at 9:00 p.m. and woke up at 4:00 a.m.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! We'll see how tonight goes...
I also wanted to post the picture below...this is what I found when I went to bed last night - - I absolutely love this picture of Steve and Griffin.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of your Valentine's Day. Camden looks proud of the heart-shaped pizza, and the one of Steve and Griffin is priceless. Is that Steve's pacifier or Griffin's??

Anonymous said...

Camden, and soon Griffin, will always remember that you made special days very, very special. I can see in Camden's eyes how excited he is, and he sounded very excited on the phone yesterday morning. There's no holding Griffin back now if he's turning over!

kirsten said...

Those are the cutest photos! And what a great post...I hope I can do better at valentines day in years to come. What you did for your boys is so cute!
Love
Kirsten

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a nice day! The pictures are great! Griffin is growing up so fast! I can't believe he's already rolling over. I love the V-day placemats and goodies idea. I've always thought that you're very creative!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin