Monday, February 12, 2007

Technical Difficulties

I've been having some blog troubles the past few days...Blogger forced me to upgrade my account to their new version when I logged in last week, and I haven't been able to log into my blog or post anything since. I finally figured a round-about way to do it this afternoon. I'm hoping the problem is just a heavy traffic issue with Blogger...we shall see!

Where to begin? Steve was out of town for part of last week, and then had drill over the weekend. I'm quite happy that he doesn't have any upcoming travel in the near future! This past Saturday evening, we, along with Steve's brother Rex, and his wife Kasey, attended the Armor Ball at the Officer's Club. It was so much fun to get all dressed up and enjoy a night out. Kasey's wonderful mother, Candy, watched all three boys. I'd never left Griffin before, so I was a little worried that I'd be tense all night, but I had a great time!
Here I am with my lovely sister-in-law, Kasey. You would have thought we were going to the Academy Awards, the way we shopped, discussed, and agonized over our attire for the evening. I think since we have both recently given birth, the thought of getting gussied up and mingling with adults for an evening just put us right over the edge. Luckily it wasn't anything that a couple of gin and tonics couldn't cure!

Camden is on a major costume kick again. One day last week, he decided to wear his Batman jammies, complete with cape and mask, when we went to town to do some errands. The next day, he decided to wear his skunk costume all day. On Friday, he appeared out of nowhere, clad only in his undies. I asked him what he was up to, and he said, "I'm Tarzan. Tarzan only wears undies!" So, he spent the entire day that way. At one point we had to leave the house and some tears were shed, because he did NOT want to put clothes on. Last night, he even wore his undies into the bath tub, because "that's what Tarzan does," according to Camden. Today, I took him to JoAnn Fabrics to pick out some fake fur so that we could make a loincloth, or "Tarzan Pants", as Camden calls them:
The boy has quite the vivid imagination. He really is such a character - - I can't get over it sometimes.

Griffin has been very busy, as well. He's getting so he likes to be in the exersaucer, probably because he likes to be upright most of the time. He is also enjoying putting weight on his legs, blowing raspberries, and screaming at the top of his lungs. Not crying, but screeching, just because he can. I think he is enthralled with the fact that he can make so many noises now. I'm just starting to notice traces of "big boy hair" coming in, which is great, because he is quickly losing all of his newborn hair.
That's a cupcake liner on top of his head, compliments of his older brother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Heather. You and Kasey certainly looked as if you WERE at the Academy Awards. Camden as Tarzan is a hoot, and little Griffin seems to be taking himself seriously as an Exersaucer! Loved seeing all of these photos of you guys. Love, Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

I especially love the picture of Camden as Tarzan. You are so good to help him be in character at the drop of a hat. You and Kasey looked gorgeous when you went out. Such a treat for you ladies to socialize! And that little Griffin is cute as a button with a cupcake paper on his head!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin