Sunday, February 18, 2007

Relaxing Sunday

These past two days have gone by much too quickly. Yesterday reached 58 degrees and it was just beautiful. This led to quite a case of spring fever for me, but I was quickly slapped back into reality today, as it was cold and dreary for most of the day. After some initial chores this morning, the four of us headed into Boise and went to the playground at Camel's Back Park. Camden had a great time. Our visit was cut short by some rain, so we proceeded to go for a nice drive after that. When we got home, I made my mother's chop suey for dinner. It is soooo good. Here is the recipe:
Roberta's Chop Suey
1 lb. ground beef
1 med. onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced

Saute above ingredients together until veggies are tender and meat is browned. To this, add 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. oregano, salt and pepper to taste, 1 can diced Italian stewed tomatoes, 1 can tomato soup, and a bay leaf. Simmer for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni. When done, discard bay leaf from sauce, and stir in the cooked pasta.

So easy to make, and so good. It tastes even better the next day. My mom made this a lot when I was growing up, and the smell of it cooking reminds me of home.

Right after Griffin was born, our good friends Chuck and Debi were cleaning their garage and asked us if we wanted a double jogging stroller. As it turns out, it was an actual Baby Jogger, and it had never been used. Steve put it together for me yesterday and I am so excited I can't even stand it. It handles so nicely and is so easy to push (I love my Sit and Stand stroller, but it is so difficult to push if I want to go for a brisk walk). So, I feel like my life has suddenly taken on new meaning!
Mind you, we had to tweak Griffin's side a bit, so that the straps fit him, but I think it will be just fine. I'm so happy to have this thing!

Steve has tomorrow off and plans to do some painting over at the rental. I'll be taking the boys into town for Camden's gymnastics class, and then off to do some errands. I'm itching to start doing some yard work, but the forecast doesn't look too promising for this week. Soon enough, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures of the boys! Griffin is looking so big, and of course Camden's already a big boy. I'm glad you've perfected my chop suey recipe! It is one of my favorites, and I made it up all by myself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin