Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Waterworks

Griffin has been a busy boy as of late, perfecting a technique that we like to refer to as "the pee blow-out". This phenomenon usually occurs in the middle of the night, although on occasion, it has happened in broad daylight. What am I talking about, you ask? Check out the jammies:

On average, we experience at least one pee blow-out per night, but sometimes two or three. As you can imagine, jammies need to be changed, Griffin wakes up completely, and then he thinks it is time to giggle and blow raspberries from that point on. Switch diaper brands, you say? Already tried that. Change his diaper more often, perhaps? Nope - - sometimes his diaper is only mildly damp, but, like the picture shows, he is soaked from waist to armpit. How does he do that? If you are questioning my diapering technique, I assure you, my attention to detail is impeccable. No matter how many times I check the leg elastic, make sure the velcro tapes are securely fastened, and *ahem* "tuck in" the boy parts, the kid pees on himself. I'm stumped. I'm beginning to think it is all simply a conspiracy on Griffin's part, to make sure I don't get any sleep, ever again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, you should write for a "living" in your spare time, ha, ha. What a funny situation you are in with Griffin. Maybe you should try duck tape. They say it works for many things.

Lisa said...

Never had 'pee blow outs'. Sorry, no ideas to offer you. I think you're right about Griffin conspiring against you, babies do that. I kind of like the duct tape idea, it is very versatile and wetness proof, I think. You'll have to keep us updated!

Joy said...

Yes, keep us updated on what you find works as I might find myself in your situation and won't have to trial and error since you have for me!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin