Thursday, October 12, 2006

Story Time

I had to post this picture that I took last night of Steve with the boys. Griffin looks as engrossed in the story as Camden does. You may also notice that Camden is in his Superman costume/jammies again - - he is knee-deep in a "costume phase" right now, and it is next to impossible to get him to put on actual clothes each day. He'd much prefer to wear his jammies all day long. We are currently rotating between Batman, Superman, and Spiderman.

All's well on the home front. Griffin seems to be entering a growth spurt and wants to eat all day long. I'm pretty sure our sofa is going to have a permanent imprint of my butt, because it seems that all I do is sit on the sofa 24 hours per day, nursing. Phew! This morning I am really feeling the effects of not enough sleep last night, but I'm pretty sure I'll live.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the pediatrician to check Griffin's weight (he needs to be at least 7 lbs.), and for Camden to get a flu shot. I'm dreading that part of the appointment, because Camden isn't crazy about going to the doctor anyway, and I'm afraid a flu shot will throw the poor boy right over the edge. Wish us luck!

Still trying to fall into some sort of routine and I think we are slowly getting there. We've been out walking the past few days, and have been scouring the Treasure Valley Family magazine for fun things to do this month. I cannot believe how many great (and free, for that matter) activities there are for preschoolers. I think we'll also join a Mom's group, which will be good for me.

I don't often find (or make) the time to read, but when I was breastfeeding Camden, I read a ton of books. So, I'm happily reading again, since I spend so much time each day, sitting on the sofa! I recently finished, Still Me by Christopher Reeve, and it was really good. I learned so much about him and his accomplishments as an actor, prior to his accident. The real eye-opener for me was learning about his everyday life after his accident, and what it entailed. Now, I'm reading The Confession by James McGreevey. You may recall that he is the former governor of New Jersey, who resigned in 2004 after announcing that he was gay. He was recently on The Oprah Winfrey Show, and was so interesting. I really recommend his book - - I'm only about a third of the way through it, but he really is an amazing man, and a good writer.

Time for Camden and I to do a craft project, while Griffin is still snoozing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute picture of Steve reading to his boys, Heather. You're right: it does look as if Griffin is as engrossed in the story as Superman is.

I'm sure a good daily routine will come with time. As for reading, how about The DaVinci Code? Uncle Ken and I both loved it. I'm now reading Angels and Demons by the same author, and it's another thriller.

Good luck at the doctor's appointment! I went along with you in Sept. '04 when Camden had a shot or two, and it was painful for everyone in the room. Camden was as brave as humanly possible, however.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of the boys. Griffin does look so intent. I do believe he understands the story. Superman definitely knows the storyline.

kirsten said...

Love the pics! So glad to hear everything is going well with the boys. I know what you mean- I hate doing the whole vaccine thing..I always make Mike go with me. At least it's over quickly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin