Sunday, October 08, 2006

General Update

My folks left early Saturday morning and we sure do miss them. We had such a great visit and I'm so glad they were here when Griffin was born. I just wish they lived nearby because I know we would spend a ton of time together. I'm already looking forward to our next visit - - I hope it is soon.

Yesterday, my sister-in-law stopped in for a visit, along with our nephew, Banzer. He's grown so much! I see him about once per week, but it seems like he changes so much every few days. He's full of smiles and has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen. We thought it would be fun to line the boys up for this picture. We are creating quite the little posse, I believe! Around this time next year, when Griffin and Banzer are starting to walk, we will really be in trouble! Later in the afternoon, our friends Chuck and Debi stopped by for a visit, with their kids, Aaron and Georgia. Aaron brought his old "big boy bike" for Camden, along with some hand-me-down costumes, which was right up Camden's alley because he is all about dressing up in costumes right now. They also brought us a brand new, never-been-used Baby Jogger double jogging stroller. I guess they got it a few years back when their daughter was younger, but never used it. It is gorgeous and is sure to get lots of use at our house. Yippee!!

Today I found myself feeling quite a bit more human. My dear husband saw to it that I got to sleep in for the past two days, which was wonderful. It really helped a lot. I was also able to get out for a walk with the boys today. I think pushing 50 lbs. worth of boys in a double stroller was a bit much, so tomorrow I'll stick to the treadmill, but it was great to get some fresh air just the same. This afternoon, Steve took us on a scenic drive, and then we stopped off at the river so Steve and Camden could do a little fishing and rock-throwing.

Earlier in the day, Camden informed Steve that he needed a shave, so of course Daddy obliged and "pretend" shaved Camden's face. Camden thought that was about the best thing ever.

Per usual, I have a few more photos to post, but Blogger won't let me, so I'll have to do a separate post for pictures.

Griffin is calling, so this is all for now!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Great picture of the three boys! YEAH on the double stroller!!! I am thinking of what I'll be needing/wanting come next spring as well.

Glad you're getting some rest. Don't overdue - take your time recovering!!

I know you'd enjoy your folks so much if they lived nearby. I see mine every single day - at least for 10 mins so they get their "Paco fix." Hope you see them again, SOON!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin