Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Things have been pretty crazy around here lately, new baby and lack of sleep aside. We have tenants moving into our rental property on November 1st, and so there are just a few short days left to wrap things up next door. The floors have been refinished, the 3rd bedroom is almost finished, and the utility room is done. There is a ton of touch up painting to do, as well as a deep clean, and a handful of other odd jobs. Today I called Merry Maids and they'll be coming out on Thursday to give us a quote on cleaning the joint. Steve and his dad are next door as I type, putting a coat of poly on the bedroom floor. It is odd to think about that in a week, Steve will no longer have that house, weighing on his shoulders. Ever since we've been married, he's spend nearly every weekend working on something to do with that house. It will be so bizarre to have the weekend arrive and to be able to say, "What should we do this weekend?" I can't wait!
As you can see from the picture above, the boys took an afternoon off this past weekend so that we could visit the Berry Ranch and get some pumpkins. After that, we stopped at a local winery for their Harvest Festival. The weather was just perfect.
Griffin seems to have his first cold, I'm sad to say. Camden didn't get sick for the first time until he was 15 weeks old, so it breaks my heart to hear Griffin sniffing, snorting, and gagging, but I'm not completely surprised that he got sick. So, we are laying low right now, and I'm hoping in a day or two that he'll be feeling better.
I took this picture of Steve and Camden a couple of hours ago, when Steve got home from work. When I started preparing dinner tonight, Camden announced that he was going outside to "wait for Daddy". When Steve gets home at night, the first thing he does is play out in the yard with Camden. He's such a good father, and Camden loves him to pieces.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor little Griffin! I hope he's better soon. You'll have to let us all know how you spend your first "free" weekend!

By the way, you are definately not the first mom to feel overwhelmed when baby number two arrives! You're in good company, I assure you! The good news is...it most certainly gets easier, and dare I say, it even gets FUN! to have two little ones bobbing around the house.

kirsten said...

Love the pics- esp. the ones of Camden and Steve that you post..so sweet to see father and son together! I hope Griffin gets better soon- I hated having the kids sick so much last winter- you feel so helpless when they're so stuffed up and there is nothing you can do.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin