Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Boys

Thought I would post a couple of pictures from today. Griffin is having a hard time staying awake at all during the day...the poor boy wakes up long enough to eat and then goes right back to sleep. Unfortunately, around 9:30 at night, he decides it is time to be perky and alert. Last night, he actually slept for a 4-hour stretch (from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.), but unfortunately, Camden woke me up about 2 hours through that stretch, so I wasn't able to enjoy it!
I'm finding the most challenging aspect of this adjustment is that I struggle to find a balance in being sensitive to Camden's needs while he adjusts, and keeping his naughtiness in check. I'm very proud of how well he has handled Griffin's arrival, but he is beginning to show signs of possible jealousy over the fact that my time is now divided. I'm sure it will get easier with time, but right now I hurt for Camden.
Time to get supper started. Steve was able to get an earlier flight home from Arizona, so he should be here before I go to sleep. I really missed him this week and can't wait to see him.
Tomorrow we'll clean house and do some baking, and on Saturday, my folks head back to Maine. I wish they could move in! We are going to miss them so much!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I understand how you feel about Camden's adjustment! It WILL get easier, I promise. Katie would become sick to her stomach (literally) when Becky first came home and she was feeling left out. It broke my heart! I tried to find a few minutes here or there when we could read a book or watch TV together. I know you're doing a great job and Camden will come through this adjustment just fine! Your boys are so blessed to have you for their mom!

Joy said...

Oh, that's tough with Camden. You'll all adjust soon and things will just evolve into your family of four. Sorry you're not getting much sleep - makes it hard to deal with anything!

Love the pictures. I've thought about you and your folks leaving tomorrow many times. HUGE hugs to you all with their departure coming all too quickly. Remind them the house next door is for rent.... :)

Anonymous said...

Heather, I love the photo of your boys on the sofa.....it is the sweetest.

It will be a sad day tomorrow when your folks leave but just think of the wonderful memories you have made.

Anonymous said...

We are home again. It was so hard leaving those little boys behind. What a nice family you have, and you're such good parents. Camden is so loving to his little brother, and you've brought him up to be such a nice, loving little boy.

Anonymous said...

At first I thought Griffin looked just like Camden, but now I'm beginning to see that he's his dad, through and through. He has Steve's profile in addition to his chin!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin