Tuesday, October 03, 2006

One Week Old

Well our boy is one week old today. He is such a sweet little thing - - I just can't believe I'm the mom of these two wonderful boys. Camden has been great - - he loves his little brother and is constantly asking, "Where's my baby?" whenever he enters a room. He hasn't shown any hostility to speak of, but is having a bit of trouble in keeping himself from constantly poking Griffin in the face, or worse yet, on the "soft spot". I had to take Griffin to the pediatrician today because he was looking a bit yellow (turns out he is fine, just slightly jaundiced), and asked our doctor for some advice in dealing with Camden's constant poking. Hopefully it will work! Griffin has gained 3.5 ounces in 3 days, so he's up to 6 lbs., 14.5 ounces, from 6 lbs., 7 ounces when we brought him home. The doctor was pleased with how quickly he is putting on weight. As you can see, Griffin has the "family chin" - - very round and small, with quite a dimple in the center. He's as cute as he can be.
Yesterday, I had all of my staples removed, which was a great relief. They were pretty uncomfortable. This c-section has been much harder to recover from than my first. I think it might be that I was so exhausted and "drugged out" the first time that I didn't feel much pain! This time though, it has just been a little harder. I am feeling much better today though, so I'm happy about that. I even went for a short walk with Mum and the boys, and it was great to be outside.
Camden had a blast, sliding with Nana. Nana sure was a good sport, going down the tube slide over, and over, and OVER.
Steve is in Phoenix this week at an Army class, and we can't wait until he comes back on Thursday. Steve and my dad painted the old house this past weekend, and today my dad spent most of the day working on the trim. The house has always been white and didn't really stand out at all from the other houses on the street. We decided to paint it yellow with white trim, and then have dark green accents. It came out so nice, and today we got some compliments from two of our neighbors, so that was great. Things are really coming together on the old house, and hopefully we'll have it rented soon.
I have to say, things are going really well. I'm not getting much sleep at all, but I couldn't be happier with my boys.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Could Griffin be any cuter!!! He's just a doll, Heather! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and I'm sure each day will be an improvement. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's one adorable great-nephew that I have there, Heather. What a cute picture of you two. And Camden is obviously having fun playing with Nana. Thank you for the update. I've been checking religiously to see new pictures. You have two boys to be proud of, and they're lucky to have such wonderful parents. Love, Aunt Jean & Uncle Ken

kirsten said...

Boy is he cute! What a sweetie! And how great that Camden has been enjoying his little bro. I've been thinking of you and can relate to your exhaustion..but the good news is that those early days go by so fast, so he'll be sleeping better before you know it.

Anonymous said...

I was so tickled to open your blog last night and see the pictures. Griffin has got to be the cutest baby in the world! We can't wait to see him - just a few more days. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care.
Love, Bev

Joy said...

Wonderful update. Sorry you've been in more pain this time. Hopefully with the staples out the mend will be here before you know it!

Love the pictures! You look great, Heather.

Lots of XOXOXOXO your way!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin