Saturday, July 01, 2006

Friends, etc.

Yesterday, my dear friend Joy (http://mamacitalujan.blogspot.com) came to visit, along with her beautiful son, Antonio (a.k.a. "Paco"), and we had such a nice time. Joy was one of the first friends I made when I moved to Idaho in 2001. Back then, she was the assistant to the President at Albertson College of Idaho, and I was the assistant to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, and the Dean of Students, so we worked across the hall from each other. Joy is a wonderful friend, and I feel lucky to have her in my life. We don't get together as often as we'd like, but I am hoping once I am home full-time, we might get the chance more often. Paco and Camden had fun playing together. Paco is a full year younger than Camden, but nearly as tall! Not only is Paco handsome, but the boy is bilingual (Spanish and English), and smart as a whip. Anyway, it was great to be able to catch up with Joy over coffee...I'm hoping we'll do it again real soon. Here's a shot of the boys, as Joy and Paco were leaving:

Joy, I hope you all had a wonderful time in McCall! Talk to you soon!

Today, I took a little time for myself and headed for the Big City. First stop was Starbucks, for a bagel, Frappuccino, and the morning paper. What a treat! After that I did quite a bit of browsing at various stores, spent some time at Barnes and Noble, and then started making my way back home. While I was out, Steve and Camden went to the dump, and to the lumber store for some building supplies. Steve will be working on the house for the remainder of the holiday weekend, but we do plan to cook out on the 4th. I have some cleaning to do tomorrow, but mostly Cam and I just plan to hang out and have some fun. Hope you are all doing the same!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Darling picture! Yes, we had fun, too! Thanks so much!

Glad you had some "me time" in town. Sounds glorious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin