Monday, July 24, 2006

Back to work...

After I typed the title to this post, I had to go check the calendar and count how many actual work days I have left...only 15! August 31st can't come soon enough. I am so looking forward to being home with Camden.

Steve was able to get the city water hooked up around lunchtime on Saturday. In the picture above, you can see the boys filling in the gaping hole that Steve had to dig across the front lawn, and also the Haneys' garage sale in full swing in the background. There are a couple of problems remaining with the meter, and a couple of plumbing leaks, but those will be addressed after the Haneys leave, so that we don't have to turn off their water again. The city will be replacing the meter, and Steve will fix the leaks. Now, all that is left is the closing, which will take place on Friday morning. We are both getting pretty excited. The sad part is, Lew and Roberta will be pulling out of town sometime on Sunday. It doesn't seem real that they are leaving - - mostly I try not to think about it. We are going to miss them so much. This past Sunday, we had a brunch at our house for Lew, Roberta, their daughter Joan, and her partner Irene. We had such a nice time.
Not the best picture, but that's the back of Steve's head, Camden (wearing a party hat because he thought it was a birthday party), Roberta, Lew, Irene, and Joan. It was fun watching Irene run the yard sale over the weekend - - she is such a people-person, not to mention, a fantastic sales person! It sounds as though they were able to sell quite a bit. They will give it another go this coming Saturday, and see if they can sell a few more things.

Steve's 20th high school reunion took place this past weekend in Maine, and last night we had some fun looking at a bunch of pictures from the festivities that have been posted on the internet. We found that many of his classmates hadn't changed much at all, while many were utterly unrecognizable. There was a huge turnout, and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun.

Tomorrow I'll pay a long overdue visit to Jeff, my hairdresser. I'm hoping the man can work a miracle because my hair needs some serious help. We shall see. Then, in the afternoon I'm off to see my OB. Steve was supposed to be out of town this week, but ended up staying here, and I'm so glad. I'm having a hard time with my back these days, and I wasn't quite sure how I was going to get things done without him.

Off to bed...we have an early start tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camden seems to be pitching right in with the wheelbarrow work, Heather. I'm glad the water crisis at the Haneys' has been averted, thanks to Steve's hard work, and the closing date is drawing near. Uncle Ken and I will be eager to see your new home...and new baby!

Joy said...

Love the matching wheelbarrows! Isn't fun to see them working together?! I love that part.

Glad the home is coming together and things are progressing. I know you will miss them SO much. Hopefully, you'll get good renters and become fast friends with them.

Can't wait for an update on Griffin! Also, can't believe your last day is so near! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Great picture of "the boys" hard at work! I know you will all miss the Haney's - such wonderful neighbors. So sorry we didn't get to say 'Goodbye' to them. Give them our best wishes for their new life in Texas.
Love, Bev

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Blog Widget by LinkWithin