Thursday, July 20, 2006

Free


For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind
and melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing,
but to free the breath from its restless tides,
that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence
shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top,
then shall you begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs,
then shall you truly dance.
-Kahlil Gibran
Please send thoughts of comfort to my mother Roberta, and her brothers and sisters, as they say goodbye to their mother today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gesture and selection from Gibran, Heather. I'm sure Grammy is enjoying the balloons and your message to her.
Love, Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. Grammy is loving her balloons from you, Steve, and Camden. Love, Mum

Anonymous said...

I agree, a beautiful and moving selection from Gibran. It has been 15 years and I still send up a balloon with my personal message written on it every year for my Dad and I still tear up every single year. I'm happy that you found some peace from this tradition as it has always given me peace. Your grammy knew your love for her and surely felt it when she received her balloons and message. Love and hugs to you. Love, Lee

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to Grammy.
I can see her smiling when she saw her balloons. The selection was beautiful and very meaningful. How lucky we all are to be part of Grammy's life. Love, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Blog Widget by LinkWithin