Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Verdict

As my doctor predicted, the growth was in fact a fatty tumor, or a lipoma. PHEW! I had chosen not to get all crazy about the unknown, and luckily I was so preoccupied with how uncomfortable I was over the weekend, that I didn't have a whole lot of time to dwell on the "what ifs". Anyway, I am breathing a big sigh of relief tonight, and enjoying a lovely glass of pinot grigio before I head off to bed. Thank you all so much for your kind words, and for keeping me in your thoughts these past few days. It has meant a lot to me.

9 comments:

Montserrat said...

Hurray!!!!!!

I bet your feeling like a big load has been lifted.

Margaret said...

That's wonderful news!! I agree with Cocoa, you must feel so much lighter now that the load was lifted!

Jean said...

So glad to hear the verdict is the one we all wanted to hear, Heather. I felt it would be, but it's nice to have it official, isn't it?
Love, Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

Yay Heather!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you ~ not going down the road of what ifs. Its a bad road that I sometimes travel....glad for your good news!

Melissa said...

Yahooo!!

I'm so glad - no matter your determination, I can imagine that it was a worrisome time for you.

I hope you're more comfortable now, and not having a lot of pain! If so...hit that pinot grigio again. ;)

Kate D. said...

What a load off your mind! It didn't sound like it would turn out badly but its must be a relief to know for sure.

Momma Bird said...

So glad to hear all is well. So scary! Your mother must be breathing a big sigh of relief too having experienced the "worst case scenerio" first hand.

Jen said...

wooohooo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin