Sunday, August 03, 2008

Random Pictures & A Quick Update

One good thing about convalescing is that it gives me a chance to clean out my email. I am so bad about keeping it organized, and before I know it, I have 25 pages of email that I can't just go and delete because I have no idea what is lurking in there. So, over the past few days while I've had my bottom firmly planted in the recliner, I did some weeding. I came across a few pictures that cracked me up - - mostly taken with my cell phone while out and about on various occasions:

Griffie, on a recent outing to the Rumor Mill, for donuts and milk. Please take note of Griffin's donut-eating method. He eats the part covered in frosting, and then discards the rest. That's my boy.
This was taken one day when Griffin and I had a lunch date in Meridian. We went to the Blue Sky Bagel Bakery where Griffin had a bagel that was nearly the size of his head.

Griffin, Josie, and Camden, enjoying a nutritious meal at the Cherry Festival. Griffie looks as if he's about to explode. Yes, that's my finger, partially obscuring the lens. I'm a professional photographer, you know.

*******************************************

The boys and I have had a very good weekend, although yesterday was a bit sketchy because I still wasn't feeling quite like myself. Today I was able to get a lot of work done for the library, in addition to doing a lot of playing outside with the boys. Steve left for another Army training stint on Friday, so we won't be seeing him until the middle of the month, unfortunately.

Here's a cake I made for my friend Terri's baby shower. I never knew how much I used my pectoral muscles to decorate a cake, until I tried to get this thing finished. Ouch!

I love this picture of Camden reading, Good Night, Maine to Griffin the other morning. Although Camden does not actually read yet, he has this book (and a couple of others) memorized word-for-word, so he'll sit and "read" to Griffin. Griffin has a thing for "rubbing hair", which is what he is doing to Camden in this picture. Gosh, I love my boys.

Our schedule is jam-packed this week, and the weather is supposed to be wonderful, so we are a happy bunch here!

5 comments:

Kate D. said...

You need to start running a cake decorating business out of your house. Most people couldn't make that beautiful cake if they tried. I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Melissa said...

I loved all the pictures! You're a professional photographer, right? ;) :D

We have Good Night, Maine too - Margaret dragged me into the Hutch last year to buy it, and I'm glad she did. One of my favorite memories from our visit last summer was my Mom, reading it to the girls. :)

I hope you're feeling better with each day - still thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better each day. Loved the shot of Camden "reading" to Griffin-that is sweet!

Margaret said...

You do a great job with the cake decorating, maybe something you can do on the side when the kids are in school. Elizabeth loves rubbing ears when she's sleepy!

Jen said...

Beautiful cake!!!! And I think that bagel is as big as his head!

I'm glad you're feeling better. HUGS

Blog Widget by LinkWithin