Monday, June 02, 2008

Cakes

I've been thinking a lot about cake decorating recently, and how I'd like to brush up on my skills and start making cakes again. This is my own wedding cake, that my mother and I made, back in 2001. I've only made one more wedding cake since then, in 2002, for my dear friend Joy. Life got pretty of busy after that, and I kind of stopped making cakes all together, with the exception of birthday cakes for my boys. Lately, though, I've been reading all sorts of cake decorating blogs, and I am just amazed at the beautiful and unique cakes that people create. I stumbled upon a blog last week, written by a homemaker, and her cakes were amazing. I'm really kicking myself though, because I failed to bookmark it, and of course, I can't find it again. Oh well.

I originally took cake decorating classes about 16 years ago (gulp), and a lot has changed since then. Decorating techniques are so much more elaborate and artistic now, and I really would like to learn them. I found some Wilton classes at Michael's in Boise, so now I just need to get myself signed up.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You should absolutely do it - you have such a creative touch!!

Jen said...

What a lovely cake! You should totally get back into it!

Anonymous said...

And just think, Griffin and Camden can be your assistants when you make cakes :) But seriously, you have the creativity gene and I say go for it! You could have a nice little business....

Joy said...

And my cake was GORGEOUS and yummy!!!! Sounds like a great idea - have fun AND make some extra $$$! What more can a girl ask for?

Emily said...

Wow. You made your own wedding cake with your mom? That is wonderful. Beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin